Meet Ted

I set it at 2 bar at the gun. I also set it at full paint flow before pressurising up by screwing the adjuster out, pull the trigger and wind the adjuster back in so you can feel it touch the trigger stop. I use a 50/50 mix paint to thinners and about a hand span spread with about a 25% overlap on the passes.
Noo idea what you just said. Good job that I'm not painting mine..

Spent an hour fiddling with the compressor today as it wouldn't run :( Supply was OK, thermal overload hadn't popped, fuse was fine and the motor turned by hand - I was stumped - then I looked at the pressure gauge:rolleyes: I'd forgotten to blow the receiver down last time I used it on Wednesday and it was still pressurised. Opened the drain and a couple of seconds later it burst into life:) So now, after a load of fettling, the wings, doors and bonnet are looking nice and shiny again:cool: hopefully I'll have enough paint left to do the rest

Noo idea what you just said. Good job that I'm not painting mine..
Not a expert but you should have a valve between the receiver “tank” and compressor unit which releases the pressure compressor side so it can restart , do a little research and find what there called I can’t remember !!. good luck

I'm no expert either but I think you mean an unloading valve meant to take the back pressure off the compressor to make it easier for it to get up to speed. That worked fine on start up but what happened was there was pressure still in the tank so the pressure switch was still activated holding the compressor off. as it should, and when I blew it down a bit the comp cut in to build the pressure back up. It was just me being a plonker - all working well now :)

I'm no expert either but I think you mean an unloading valve meant to take the back pressure off the compressor to make it easier for it to get up to speed. That worked fine on start up but what happened was there was pressure still in the tank so the pressure switch was still activated holding the compressor off. as it should, and when I blew it down a bit the comp cut in to build the pressure back up. It was just me being a plonker - all working well now :)

P&M Panels in Warrington. They are excellent at matching but slow, I waited nearly a week for them to mix another batch for me. But all forgotten now as I'm in the process of creating a spray booth to put the final coats on after many weeks of sanding and filling and more sanding to get rid of the nasty reaction I got on my previous attempts. It was a shame really at the paint went on lovely but on inspection later it was badly crazed in places.

Thank you for that response. I will have to do a bit of research locally to find somewhere that can mix me some Bleu Fonce 460. Unfortunately, Renault have reused the code for the current range of cars, but I need the one used between 1972 and 1979. Basically, it is very dark blue in a solid colour, which is its original colour rather than the metallic prune (purple), which it is now.

My ultra sterile paint booth made from shower curtains and brown paper to fill the gaps :)
And while the cool cloudy weather kept the neighbors indoors with the windows shut.......

6osc8V8.jpg

The results weren't too bad, a few runs but that shows there's plenty going on:rolleyes:

P5h40Fw.jpg

ivuXlUs.jpg

CUHUa5s.jpg

QGFQXf9.jpg

I'll leave it for a while for the paint to harden then set to the runs with wet and dry - then it's time to get Bonnie ready for the meet:cool:

Certainly keeps the fumes ino_O
My industrial dust extractor made a brave effort at fume extraction but wasn't the best

Dug the rollers out and painted the floor with Siene blue machine enamel

pBUWGZv.jpg

jVfYh8K.jpg

HvICTxq.jpg

r1qtxLO.jpg

I would just like to take my hat off to the brown coated chap who fitted these at the factory, what a swine to fit o_O

0XSFFHD.jpg

718SA1D.jpg

I appear to have misplaced the new wiper spindle bezels and nuts so a bit stuck with that, not like me to loose stuff:rolleyes:

Back