Meet Ted

PaulJL

I set it at 2 bar at the gun. I also set it at full paint flow before pressurising up by screwing the adjuster out, pull the trigger and wind the adjuster back in so you can feel it touch the trigger stop. I use a 50/50 mix paint to thinners and about a hand span spread with about a 25% overlap on the passes.
Noo idea what you just said. Good job that I'm not painting mine..

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Spent an hour fiddling with the compressor today as it wouldn't run :( Supply was OK, thermal overload hadn't popped, fuse was fine and the motor turned by hand - I was stumped - then I looked at the pressure gauge:rolleyes: I'd forgotten to blow the receiver down last time I used it on Wednesday and it was still pressurised. Opened the drain and a couple of seconds later it burst into life:) So now, after a load of fettling, the wings, doors and bonnet are looking nice and shiny again:cool: hopefully I'll have enough paint left to do the rest

Neil T

Noo idea what you just said. Good job that I'm not painting mine..
Not a expert but you should have a valve between the receiver “tank” and compressor unit which releases the pressure compressor side so it can restart , do a little research and find what there called I can’t remember !!. good luck

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
I'm no expert either but I think you mean an unloading valve meant to take the back pressure off the compressor to make it easier for it to get up to speed. That worked fine on start up but what happened was there was pressure still in the tank so the pressure switch was still activated holding the compressor off. as it should, and when I blew it down a bit the comp cut in to build the pressure back up. It was just me being a plonker - all working well now :)

Neil T

I'm no expert either but I think you mean an unloading valve meant to take the back pressure off the compressor to make it easier for it to get up to speed. That worked fine on start up but what happened was there was pressure still in the tank so the pressure switch was still activated holding the compressor off. as it should, and when I blew it down a bit the comp cut in to build the pressure back up. It was just me being a plonker - all working well now :)