My New Baby!!!

nickclubman

B08DBFA9-2644-4130-AF8C-4F195A94AAA5.jpegA big push today, carpeting the drivers side of the cabin and putting everything back together. Just waiting in a voltage stabiliser and some star washers for fixing the Commer letters. I have sourced a weld on filler neck and lockable petrol cap. Then it’s MOT time. All systems, electrics and mechanicals are GO!

nickclubman

Back from the garage and the brakes need some work, I have sourced a replacement wheel cylinder, just trying to source some new shoes

jimberlake

Few on EBay cheap at moment. I’d do both cylinders and the hoses if they’re all all old For the cost and whilst they’d need bleeding

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
There are two sizes of front cylinders, later vans have a larger bore. The rear cylinders are the same all though apart from the Series and PA models having a lever for the hand brake. I do seem to remember there were two sizes of rear drum as well cant remember the diameters but I would think they would only get bigger as the van models were updated so yours would be the larger type. A tape measure would take the guess work out of it;)

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great. Did you go for the weld neck option or find one to fit the original neck?