Chris's new ride

Hi Paul, shame about that, you would have loved it. I think the guy was pulling a fast one, boats do have water levels, but you don't have to chack it very often, I certainly don't [}:)]

Yo Ho Ho Paul, I thought marine engines had a once through cooling system - suck it in and blow it out so to speak [;). You've got some catching up to do it's been a busy old week on here, check out Dez's posting on lowering I think you'll like it [8D]. Best of all we're all going to Martins in June :D[8D]:D

Woah Panky!...id best get my act together with the van then and get her up to scratch for a cruise!..:D:D, yeah saw the 'lowered commer' thread....[}:)]

with a bit of luck fordy mine might look a bit like that but with my nice wheels on it as well,what do you think would it look ok.:p:D

Sure it would, even i wouldnt mind a 'mildly' lowered front end on my van...lol!, there goes the originality 'factor' out of the window eh!!.
Gotta say though, the low look looks excellent.

Trouble is if you just lower the front you'll fall out of bed [:0] and your floury breakfast baps will roll of the table when you reach for the butter [:0][:0]. Spend half your holidays looking for campsites with a slope you can park up :D. I recon the lowered thing would look best on a simple panel van sans bumpers and tiny mirrors with a few extra chrome bits added, Martins red van would stand the treatment [^] but I think he would shoot whoever did it [B)]

hey panky send me your email address again please as i now have a few more panels to show you all, i have the new improved floor pans that ive made for martin and some new out riggers and chassey repair panels, cheers me old mate. oh and by the way i still think that my idea of a triumph 2.5s engine and gearbox fitted into one of these is best as i think it would be the easiest to fit ,what with it being a straight six cylinder engine with overdrive.so what if you dont get 35-40 to the gallon,what you will get is that nice deep burble sound coming from the twin tail pipes thats all im after.[}:)]:D:p

Luuurverly sound. john_pankhurst@yahoo.com
I'll send you an email to reply to as well. Off to bed now so will post your pics tommoz [|)]

hi guy's finnally got the tax,same doc's,different p/o! and some bull sh** i thought technology was to make things easier...any way tim drove her she floats along,overdrive works lovely,got the tax then went and got a tyre put on the mini spare,i drove home :D,will have to get use to it though,no rattles or banging from the interior oh so quite....

Don't knock it Panky, if a woman says there's no rattles or bangs, THERE'S NO RATTLES OR BANGS, OK :D
By the way I am keeping those bits for you.

"ran" rocks :D looked underneath a mass of nice newly fitted parts,nicely painted shall i take a picture and send it to you martin?she has obviously been well look after :p certainly making up for the dissapointement with no 1...

Cheers Martin, will check them out in June :D, by the way do you have the front section of the engine bay, mine has rotted out at the bottom. Been having a look at the Rapier engine on Ebay, mine has a bit of a history of overheating, is there much involved in fitting the Rapier lump to the PB [?]

No problem Martin, just being lazy. It's not beyond repair just a bit more migging required :).

hi panky,filled her up with garden rubbish,sailed to the dump,garden looks a bit tidier :Dwent food shopping,on the way there i heard what sounded like a cupboard door slamming,got to the round about and realised it was the rear door i could n't have locked it properly :Igood job i didn't loose any thing [^] "ran" may have been protesting aginst garden rubish :D [}:)] :D,got home spent the rest of the afternoon hoovering her out, interior cleaning & getting to know where all the rust is [V] managed to go out & back no dents scratches,getting on ok with the overdrive :D

Woolfy, i think you oughta go with your idea of the straight six, it would produce a nice sounding ride.Theres a guy with a 2500 Triumph locally and he just cruises it about, and it sounds lovely.When he floors it though you do turn your head ;).I think they knock out about 90 BHP dont they..

:D

have not been out in "ran" today .decided to try and work out all the switches lol,has got a few...not sure if i am any the wiser!!got the awning out,no poles!!couldn't remember which bag it came out of :I could n't get it back in either!then decided to try the gas stove,my neighbour came round she would n't light a cigi until i switched the gas off!!we had a lovely cup of tea!just called the cat in "ran the van"is sat on the drive all lit up in side,protesting about not being taken out today!!!i must say looked very inviting [^]i even tidied up no.1 commer,poped up her roof, opened the windows & compared the interiors.

Back