Commerfest 2020

Hi yeah I'll be up for that it sounds great.. As long as I can get the very long list of jobs on my commer done before then.
I've got the front subframe to put back in and then put the engine in and to get running, then the bodywork to get repaired and then a full respray and then the interior made... I'm going to have a busy few months..

For the record, the Betten/Rydh family intends to be there in some capacity. At least three of us are very determined (myself and the kids..), so I'm sure we can swing the wife too over the next months :D

Can't promise that the Highwayman will be doing the long trip trough Northern Europe to get there (calculated by Michelin to 1162 miles - if we take two ferries..), but that is my very clear intention.

BkzUQxt.png

For the record, the Betten/Rydh family intends to be there in some capacity. At least three of us are very determined (myself and the kids..), so I'm sure we can swing the wife too over the next months :D

Can't promise that the Highwayman will be doing the long trip trough Northern Europe to get there (calculated by Michelin to 1162 miles - if we take two ferries..), but that is my very clear intention.

BkzUQxt.png
Oh come on, I’ve just done 1500 miles through France - only took two weeks :D

Wow and I’m worried about doing 250 miles lol. Mentally doing the distance rather than mechanical. Maybe I should see it as Scandinavian miles. Then it’s only about 32 miles lol.

It is mentally I find too, about 50 miles in to a journey everything gets quieter, the van runs better and the confidence flows. It’s an amazing thing the human body :)

Oh come on, I’ve just done 1500 miles through France - only took two weeks :D

That is impressive !

I should point that there are some cost issues as well involved, as two ferry trips to save milage (Oslo - Kiel and Amsterdam/Hook of Holland - Harwich) will dig deep in our pockets... Driving the length of Denmark and well into North Germany and then proceed all the way to Dunkirk or Dover will add a A LOT of miles to the journey.

But we'll see if its doable or not ;)

It's a shame the ferry doesn't still run from Kristiansand to Newcastle, or Evje to Harwich. Used them both in the past, although not with a vehicle.

Back