Commerfest 2020

Jostein

Commerfest #1 2010
Commerfest #2 2015
Commerfest #3 2020 ?

Hello to you all.

Just dawned on me that next year will be the five years since the last Commerfest. I know we discussed the fact that there really is a too long gap between these "fests" and that we ought to get more frequent meets - especially as we all get older ...

Would it be an idea to start thinking about a possible Commerfest for next year, and that we start planning this now? I realise that a Commerfest here in Oslo may be a bit far fetched, but I'll happily assist with planning in any way that I can.

Commerland wouldn't need to be the venue, of course. Martin has opened his doors on numerous occasions and spent a lot of time, effort and money over the years in getting us all together. A Commerfest could very well be held somewhere else, even if for many of us Commerfest in many ways is synonymous with Commerland.

Well, I've now flagged the idea, so please feel free to air your views and ideas :)

Jostein

Well, I'm very pleased to say that Heidi has posted the following on the "I love Commer campers" Facebook group about three hours ago:

"Right everybody, we are planning on have a gathering for '60 Years of Commers' at Commerland next summer 2020 probably the beginning of the summer holidays so get ready to party. Martin will supply camp site for a very reasonable cost just bring your own food drink and we'll entertain each other" [...] "Looks like its going to be the 8th - 9th August 2020"

Hurray!! We're on! :D;):)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Bugger - we have a wedding on the Saturday... will try and do a daytrip on Friday or catch up to the commervoy on Sunday

Jostein

Bugger - we have a wedding on the Saturday... will try and do a daytrip on Friday or catch up to the commervoy on Sunday
John, as you will know this site/platform better than most, is there a function allowing a push notice being set out to all active members?
I'm just thinking that it is inevitable that some will miss the info about Commerfest/Commer 60th birthday party next summer, or noticing it too late and having made plans and missing it all.
If we could get the message through to all active members, maybe that could be a good thing?
Just a thought.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
John, as you will know this site/platform better than most, is there a function allowing a push notice being set out to all active members?
I'm just thinking that it is inevitable that some will miss the info about Commerfest/Commer 60th birthday party next summer, or noticing it too late and having made plans and missing it all.
If we could get the message through to all active members, maybe that could be a good thing?
Just a thought.
Did an alert on here, not sure if emaisl get sent, could pull a list of email addresses and hopefully not get sued for emailing?