Toyota Hi-Lux Front Shocks Upgrade

Enigma

If you click the link, then look at the right of the page where it says the price....under that it states '2' items to add to basket with the option to increase/decrease :)

Enigma

OOps apologies I just checked it out and the price is for one...... my bad! .....£59.98 a pair.....still a bargain compared to what I paid :)

Enigma

:) worth every penny in my opinion (I'm sure Tim would agree) .....anyone who hasn't done this relatively cheap conversion begs the question 'why' ....just 'why'?

dodgeram

Depends on what damping you want, the Workshop Manual on here reads 'Armstrong Super (thin) Shock Absorber Fluid No 624' for the lever arm shockers.

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's equivalent to SAE20 and is probable fine when new, but after forty or fifty years it degrades into a foul smelling watery mess. But I speak from experience with using a heavier grade in the Armstrongs, it made a pretty drastic difference to my Morris Minor traveller and a big improvement in the vans. Makes sense if you are upgrading the front dampers but I fitted some new old stock ones to the front of Harvey and he rides well.