The Snail

Jonathan

Ordered some neoprene foam self adhesive strip from Camthorne Industrial Supplies via Ebay. Plus some spray adhesive. Last time I had some of this it was hardly sticky at all. Will see what turns up. Thanks for your suggestion.

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Once it's on rub the back of it with some talc as foam says a bit sticky where it's been rolled up.

colinthefox

Sometimes the self adhesive isn't very sticky at low temperatures. I usually warm the foam, and the surface to be stuck to with a hot air gun. Or leave the van in the baking summer sun :cool: for a while before sticking!

Or did you mean that the spray adhesive wasn't sticky?

Jonathan

Sometimes the self adhesive isn't very sticky at low temperatures. I usually warm the foam, and the surface to be stuck to with a hot air gun. Or leave the van in the baking summer sun :cool: for a while before sticking!

Or did you mean that the spray adhesive wasn't sticky?
I meant that the self adhesive strip was not very sticky last time I had some (for the engine cover).

sunbeamsam

Getting quite frustrated setting the carbs up, I’ve had them on and off about a dozen times now. Top end is fine so I think I’ve got the main jets and needle positions about right. The problem is with the idle circuit, either I can get a good idle (been hard to get it rich enough) or I can get a good cruise (Hard to get it lean enough). Tried a range of idle jets and have started to play with different slow idle air jets. Waiting for some more sizes to turn up in the post.

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
You're on the last leg now of a long project, keep at it I know you'll get it right in the end. Unfortunately I know nothing of bike carbs so can't offer anything useful.

Jonathan

All finished. New seals arrived and are fitted. Panel painted and stained. Seals were sticky enough from Camthorne and UK stick not from China. Ordered via EBay. Not applied and talc to them. Will see how they are when installed. If they look likely to stick to the top or short sides I’ll apply some talc. 883DF247-86B1-4234-955E-1732E72304BA.jpeg368A6BA2-A8FF-4783-8DA6-7C5FD71BBA15.jpeg
Now for the other sides.....