Moffat 2020

Panky

admin 2.0
Staff member
Unfortunately, but understandably, the show has been cancelled. Just received a letter from Gordon Bisset explaining the situation.
Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Moffat.jpg 2021 Moffat Classic Car Rally Cancelled.​

Dear All

Due to the Prolonged Covid -19 Pandemic, the decision has been taken to cancel this year’s Moffat Classic Car Rally. The event was due to take place on 26/27 June. It is with great regret that this decision has had to be taken, especially after the cancellation of last year’s event which was for similar reasons. The cancellation was unavoidable due to all the restrictions put in place by the appropriate Authorities for outdoor events this year.

With entrants and spectators usually attending from all over the UK, Northern Ireland and Shetland, one of our biggest concerns was, that if any new travel restrictions had to be imposed before the event it would have caused serious problems – as an example, there have been a few travel restrictions put in place at short notice over the past 11 months which we have all experienced. Any cancellations would have an effect on our finances, as the detailed plans and expenditure for the Rally starts In February. Last year’s event was cancelled near the end of March resulting in a financial loss on an event that never took place. Many entrants also felt the effect of the cancellation as in some cases accommodation etc. had been paid for in advance.

Thank you all for your support and understanding.

Gordon

Gordon Bisset
Event Organiser

Just recieved our entry form for 2022, all filled in and posting first thing in the morning:).

fingers crossed all will go ahead this year:p

Yup ours arrived this morning and the form was back in the post half an hour later - well I was still eating me toast:)

Ticket No14 :)
Gordon Bisset's last year organising due to health issues:( Good luck Gordon and the rest of the committee who are also standing down, thank you for all the effort and dedication over the years - but the rally will still go on in the future with new folk taking over

Ticket No 9 :)
Unfortunately due to various problems, I don't think we are going to get there this time:(. I will be totally gutted if we don't but hopefully we'll be able catch up at some point. Also concur with your sentiments re Gordon and the SRE, Mr P.

Back