MJP1

2014111117916_image.jpg

I've had some curtain ties made, I think there pretty good.

Member of the non-Facebook club.

I've had a busy couple of days working on my commer. I've topped the oil in the rear axle, it was a little low. Then I checked the oil level in the steering box, once again it needed topping up. The rear gear linkage needed to be looked at so I loosened off the three self tappers so I could get the fourth one in. On top of this I've also had two new flexy hoses fitted. I'm in the process of greasing all of my nipples, I've done 22 but the last one won't take ant grease. I've taken the nipple off and cleaned it, the hole in the joint has been cleaned but it still won't take any grease. I'm goo a try and heat it over the weekend. If that doesn't work has anyone got any solutions?

Member of the non-Facebook club.

The paint job is still looking good, there is an area behind the rear window where the masking tape was on the old paint that need touching up. :rolleyes:

A quick update on MJP1, the carburettor's had a kit put on it and it's made a difference....no more leaks. Ive had a new copper fuel line fitted, there was a nasty kink in the old pipe which was collapsing under load. The fuel filters been cleaned, it wasn't the dreaded snakeskin but it contained bits of grit. I've also had a temperature gauge fitted, least I can keep an eye on it now. As for the interior all of the curtains and cushion covers have been cleaned, the woodworks been sanded in preparation for a good polish. Everything else has had a good clean aswell, I've greased all the nipples and checked all the fluid levels and changed the oil. Flexi hoses were fitted last summer aswell, I've been quite busy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    767.2 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    513.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 23
Wouldn't got that far:). Ive certainly learnt alot and i am prepared to have ago, I've got a few jo to do.Just glad my first journey of the year is coming up.

Sprayed the hatch today, black and white....it needed a touch up. Then I started polishing the woodwork which I recently sanded. Looking good.

Stumbled across this thread and thought I'd continue the story.

IMG_20180421_194657.jpg
The fun continues with regular camping trips

20170318_154407.jpg
It's had the brilliant SU conversion,

IMG_20180801_191754.jpg
Is currently undergoing another repaint,

IMG_20180717_100227.jpg
And has become Spirit of Adventure

Watch this space :)

Back