k& n air filters

I forgot about that idea [^], I think I suggested that Admin put it in mechanical tips on the website. I guess the problem would be that if you had a really good engine the chassis would rust anyway because there wouldn't be any oil mist - you just can't win :)
'Harvey the RV'

Another question orderd the filter to day, is it best to leave the metal thing on just after the rocker box or take it off and pipe to the chassis.

Dora and Gloria

would that be the flame trap, in which case lose it as it is pointless anyway :)

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off no.3"

Whats the inner diameter of rubber neck K&N filter?or the part that it attaches to?I would go out and measure ours but Percy doesnt live at our house:p

Theres a multitude of other makes of re-usable filter that will do the same job:D

the i/d of the filter is 2"
yes there is a multitude of alternative filters out there, whether they do the same job or not is debateable.
most of the pipercross/itg foam types flow more air but at the expense of filtration, and neither is flameproof.
k&n,s have an electrostatic charge which allows them to filter out finer particles, which are the ones that do the damage. there is some cheap copies out there as well,so dont be fooled.
when you consider that an engine needs about 2.2 C.F.M of air for every BHP it produces and the amount of debris in the air, you can soon see why unfiltered race engines smoke, it only takes a couple of laps to wreck the piston rings.
personally after spending thousands building serious engines i would not consider using anything but k&n,s, especially as they have been proven to increase power over an open intake.
and no i don,t have shares in the company :D

quote:
Originally posted by commeracer

the i/d of the filter is 2"
yes there is a multitude of alternative filters out there, whether they do the same job or not is debateable.
most of the pipercross/itg foam types flow more air but at the expense of filtration, and neither is flameproof.
k&n,s have an electrostatic charge which allows them to filter out finer particles, which are the ones that do the damage. there is some cheap copies out there as well,so dont be fooled.
when you consider that an engine needs about 2.2 C.F.M of air for every BHP it produces and the amount of debris in the air, you can soon see why unfiltered race engines smoke, it only takes a couple of laps to wreck the piston rings.
personally after spending thousands building serious engines i would not consider using anything but k&n,s, especially as they have been proven to increase power over an open intake.
and no i don,t have shares in the company :D

Point taken-however I personally do believe K&N are overpriced.For the last 4 years ive owned and tuned some of the known japanese sports cars-Skylines,Supras etc and never had a problem with any of the cheaper brands (though I did normally go with HKS for the name in the end-which is probably the most overpriced brand in the history of tuning):D

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting one of these to fit on a Perkins 4.236 diesel? Output is 82bhp gross, 75bhp nett.. so I guess the one previously mentioned would do the job if it'll fit - or would it be better to go for one witha higher rating?

Just had a look at site... probably a stupid question, but are these for petrol engines only? Isn't an air intake and air intake?

Currently using one off an Iveco, which is much improved from the oil bath type filter previously fitted, but always on the look out to improve power.

you will be fine with the one above :) they work the same on diesels so no problem there. i used to have one on a 4108 in a hunter ;)

Looking at putting a K&N on. Already have the Weber carb. Need to source the air box to allow me to fit it under the cover (the one in picture 2 that turns it 180). Any help on where I can get one.:D

I do a kit that takes it from the original carb adapter in the second pic, via a heatproof pipe to a K+N type filter, mounted in front of the rad. I also have the old adapters, if you don't have one. :)

http://www.commervanspares.co.uk/

http://www.yorkshireclassiccampers.co.uk/

Martin
Just got your great Air filter kit !!! superb quality well impressed,can you post a rough sketch of where the bracket goes so i dont mess it up ..

Cheers your a star

Amos [8D]

AMOS (Bluemouse1006)

Hi Amos, If you look at this topic, there is a photo. You can't see the filter, but it is bolted to the front engine cover ;)

http://66.129.69.181/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3337&SearchTerms=induction,kit

http://www.commervanspares.co.uk/

http://www.yorkshireclassiccampers.co.uk/

Searched and searched for this model Tim but nowhere is throwing them up? Certainly e-bay has none anyway.....Any ideas? I brought one from Halfrauds but it did'nt fit cos the carb is in the way. Note to others wanting to buy one....

DON'T presume that universal ones fit all cos they don't!!! Well, that's not strictly true as you can re-route it somewhere else around the engine bay in a similar way to how Martin's kit works, just more hassle is all when you get your new shiny filter home and then realise that you don't have all the bits in order to fit it:(

Album010-1-1.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

You shouldn,t have any trouble finding one, all the details for K&N are here [?]
it could be that you,re useless :D;)
try here http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-68737-kn-ru-1820-performance-air-filter-universal-rubber-filter.aspx

4650583641_dba2503b41_o.jpg

"You,re only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off"

Monday, signed for??? I'm off to track it then as it should have been there next day[:(!] I hate Royal Mail. I sent an expensive watch to be repaired and they managed to damage it even more??? Tw@ts! Sorry mate, i will get this sorted!

Album010-1-1.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!

Back