DODGE SUPERVISTA

Finally done the front also put proper glass in the louvres as the Perspex was scratched and it’s moved under its own steam first time since august last year, fired straight up. It used to have a slightly low charging problem under heavy electrical load so along with the rewire I cleaned up all the engine and alternator earths and added a third. Turned over so rapid! Always put slow crank down to the old fashioned starter motor but guess was an earth issue, hoping that’s the charging problem gone too. Added some folding cup holders which look pretty OEM and very surprised at the quality off Amazon. Hopefully be away in it very soon. Thanks for all the help
Along the way
E59D6EA6-5364-4AFC-B54D-C6DFDE203D30.jpeg

Holiday time, lovely trip up to the lakes and was van faultless, a comfortable 60 mph all the way which is good considering we took the entire house contents and a loaded trailer.
Found Wast Water previously unknown to me, highly recommended especially if you like cold swims. Here’s some pics of it for those not on Facecrack
D34769BC-947B-491B-8C42-B0F1813CAB62.jpeg9328C231-0C9C-40C2-A85A-80DA52F22F36.jpeg

What a fantastic place looks absolutely stunning. Was that the campsite or a viewing point?
Good to hear all your hard work yo civilise the cab has paid off:cool:

So half fixed the charging but on the way back from the lakes it was getting late so lights on and voltage dropped to under 13v and wiring under the dash light switch got a bit warm so not great. Measured the voltage at the lights at a mere 10.5v. So next job was wiring a relay the main and full beams direct from battery and what a difference, good charge while running with lights on and very bright lights with a voltage of nearly 13 at the plug - no way the original lights wiring can now get hot as handling virtually no current.

Boring updates. So went away for 2 weeks more end of August just in time for two named storms and a lot of rain :). Charging was working a treat but then looks like the voltage regulator went flakey, Volts rising to 14.5 and then dropping to under 12v. Charged the battery before leaving for home and made it back 150 miles. Other issues were after two weeks of solid rain 4 leaks developed inside and an annoying rattle at the front again. All fixed now with a new a127 high output alt which is stubbier so not as close to the manifold which should help with heat, window sealant and shimming up the shocker bottoms brackets - all perfect once more :)

The camper conversion you have is by RGA CONVERSIONS OF NORWICH.
Roger gordon anderson (RGA) is a independent motorhome conversion centre from small vans to large trucks but mainly built on the vw bay T2 and vw T25, the HUNTSMAN being the most common conversion, all campers were built to specification order or to individual requirements.
The furniture was known for it's quality craftsmanship and durability being made from formica faced plywood with aluminium angle on all corner edges, the sink, the elevating roof, the water tank and louvre window unit were made by SUPERVISTA MOULDINGS that were an RGA associated company they also made a fixed roof high top that looked like a huntsman boat stuck on the roof.
The company started off as RGA CONVERSIONS, MOTOR CARAVANETTE CENTRE, OLD COSTESSEY, NORWICH NR8 5AG in the 1970's then became HUNTSMAN MOTOR CARAVETTE CONVERSION CENTRE 28 WEST END COSTESSEY NORWICH NR8 5AG in the 1980's and now trade as WENSUM MOTOR CO from the same address now a vehicle repairer and commercial vehicle bodybuilders(coachwork) company , i think they still fit and repair pop/high top roofs.
On the sides of your roof in the middle of them two horizontal triangular lines it should have the letters/motif of R.G.A and also R.G.A OF NORWICH on the window unit and R.G.A letters/motif on the sink.
Roger would be about 84 now and i'am told he like's to see his old vans, so if in norwich give him a look.

Holy moley!!! Thank you so much, I’ve spent years and years trawling the internet for information without getting a single hit. The closest I came was seeing a merc van conversion once at Anglia Car Auctions with the same roof. This is invaluable to me and I will defo pop in next year, I’m Sheffield but the in-laws live down that way so there a lot. Where did you get all this from - just knowledge in head?
Thanks again really am so grateful to you.
Jim

Back