Finally getting on the home straight, flatting the paint 1500 to 2000, T cut polish and coming up well. Original lower panels vinyl covered and in, dash recovered, had painted them but then decided to cover anyway love making more work for myself!
Finally done the front also put proper glass in the louvres as the Perspex was scratched and it’s moved under its own steam first time since august last year, fired straight up. It used to have a slightly low charging problem under heavy electrical load so along with the rewire I cleaned up all the engine and alternator earths and added a third. Turned over so rapid! Always put slow crank down to the old fashioned starter motor but guess was an earth issue, hoping that’s the charging problem gone too. Added some folding cup holders which look pretty OEM and very surprised at the quality off Amazon. Hopefully be away in it very soon. Thanks for all the help
Along the way
Holiday time, lovely trip up to the lakes and was van faultless, a comfortable 60 mph all the way which is good considering we took the entire house contents and a loaded trailer.
Found Wast Water previously unknown to me, highly recommended especially if you like cold swims. Here’s some pics of it for those not on Facecrack
So half fixed the charging but on the way back from the lakes it was getting late so lights on and voltage dropped to under 13v and wiring under the dash light switch got a bit warm so not great. Measured the voltage at the lights at a mere 10.5v. So next job was wiring a relay the main and full beams direct from battery and what a difference, good charge while running with lights on and very bright lights with a voltage of nearly 13 at the plug - no way the original lights wiring can now get hot as handling virtually no current.
Boring updates. So went away for 2 weeks more end of August just in time for two named storms and a lot of rain . Charging was working a treat but then looks like the voltage regulator went flakey, Volts rising to 14.5 and then dropping to under 12v. Charged the battery before leaving for home and made it back 150 miles. Other issues were after two weeks of solid rain 4 leaks developed inside and an annoying rattle at the front again. All fixed now with a new a127 high output alt which is stubbier so not as close to the manifold which should help with heat, window sealant and shimming up the shocker bottoms brackets - all perfect once more