Aluminium petrol tanks??

Depends exactly what sort of size and shape. The fuel tanks are £230 all in

Thanks very much. Sorry I should have realised there would be many variations of water tank. It would be for a 1967 2500PB if that helps at all, otherwise I will have to try and take some dims and photos and post them up?

I simply want to state I am beginner to blog and really relished you're website . Most likely I'm wish to bookmark your site. You absolutely come with good posts. Thanks a lot for revealing your blog site.

I simply want to state I am beginner to blog and really relished you're website . Most likely I'm wish to bookmark your site. You absolutely come with good posts. Thanks a lot for revealing your blog site.
Hi and welcome. Lots of info and very helpful folks on here :)

ok hon, will have to half fill Wilma to save on leakages for the time being [8D], xx
Hope we are still on the list? I have fettled Pootle's tank with brass patches silver soldered over the holes and there is now almost as much brass as steel. Also lined it with Por15 but it needs replacing really.... Tony

I had my ali tank from Comeracer sitting in the garage for a while after it arrived as my patched old one wasn't leaking and I wanted to finish off the rewiring and other bits. Probably I was putting off the task as the work on the old tank had been a bit of a nightmare clearing off rust and cleaning up old mounting bushes etc.... Eventually I could put off the task no longer and, as usual with such feared tasks, it was simple and the whole job took about an hour! A superb new tank - Thanks Commeracer.
Of course as that worked so well, 'Management' now wants the plumbing sorted in Pootle so I need to sort out a water tank and a waste tank, and the paintwork, and the mains wiring....... so it goes on!
When do I get to work on the old motorbikes then?????

Ahh now if the bikes were done you could nip to the shops to get the little plumbing bits without having to try and park the car etc. win win lol

It’s not something I’d bother doing but if Tim makes water and fuel tanks how tricky would it be to make the “water” tank a “fuel” tank and visa versa. Obviously pipe work would have to be re routed. And the fuel would then have a locking cap. Just an idea for all of you that want more fuel and less water.

Hmm, spare fuel tank not a bad idea. Pootle stopped in the middle of Cardiff in the summer whilst on out first 'big' outing (1000 miles) after rebuilt alpine engine fitted.... Oh Bum thinks I - must be something bad and terminal? Have we any petrol says Management? Yes of course we have, what sort of a moron do you think I am? ..... Errm, wonder where nearest petrol station is.... Still, confirming me as a moron, made her holiday! :)

Can anyone tell me the correct price of a Ali fuel tank for a spacevan, are they ready available or made to order ?. Thanks also are they ok with the dreaded E10 fuel ?,

Tim (commeracer) makes them to order. Not sure about pricing but Tim will let you know and I'm pretty sure they will be fine with e10, just make sure the rubber elbow meets the requirements.

Back