Soapbox racer

Oh it was quick! Too quick.
Second runthe springs were weak, too lean able. Hit the jump and by the time I landed I didn't have time to pull it to the right so hit the bails and stopped dead, pushed off and finished the run. Not a trophy winning day but raised £370 in total for the charity. That'll do

Bugger, looked like you managed to hold it .................... but no.
Interesting method of uploading video;)

Spectacular, you need to dampen out the sensitive steering somehow though, Maybe limit the lean as it's changing the steering geometry as you bank causing you to constantly make corrections.

"OMG He almost died" my arse! Almost died laughing more like!
Why do some people overstate things so blatantly?

It's just an overgrown schoolboy having a bloody good time and raising money for charity. "OMG He almost died!" Really?

We're talking Paul here - bit of a drams queen. The whole thing was set up, he just happened to crash right in front of the camera???:rolleyes:;)
Forever the showman - just like the original Evel:D

Spectacular, you need to dampen out the sensitive steering somehow though, Maybe limit the lean as it's changing the steering geometry as you bank causing you to constantly make corrections.
The plan is to lock it solid so no lean or use mountain bike rear shockers or a pair of gas struts (that was the original idea that got binned off)

"OMG He almost died" my arse! Almost died laughing more like!
Why do some people overstate things so blatantly?

It's just an overgrown schoolboy having a bloody good time and raising money for charity. "OMG He almost died!" Really?
I will take overgrown as a compliment... I am after all a short ar$e

Do all wheels need to make contact with the ground at once, couldn't the outriggers be raised slightly and locked - less drag.

Do all wheels need to make contact with the ground at once, couldn't the outriggers be raised slightly and locked - less drag.
Yeah they have to touch but if we play with the tyre pressures or find a dip in the scruitineering area..

Will we be seeing you on the Red Bull soap box race then on the TV?...
I'm sure we could rustle up some sort of Commer/Tatton car lot theme for the dance @ the beginning

Will we be seeing you on the Red Bull soap box race then on the TV?...
I'm sure we could rustle up some sort of Commer/Tatton car lot theme for the dance @ the beginning
We applied for the red Bull race originally but didn't get selected

Back