Welsh Commer Weekend 1st - 5th May 2014 Pandy, nr

:)quote:
Originally posted by Panky

Email?

41fa30c8-22ce-43e8-bd12-188475a80292.jpg

Member of the Non-Facebook Club

Cheers Zena!

BazRockscropped.jpg

I am not a person, I am a number, 395 actually......Be seeing you!
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?

Hi guys. ..not looking like I'm going to make it.might just be a Saturday or Sunday day time visit to see you all.car camper needs an engine and my other vans are just no where near. Gutted

th_P7220583.jpg

Sorry to hear that Pablo, hope to see you there anyway.

BazRockscropped.jpg

I am possibly going to be allowed to finish work early on the Friday. If so, is there space for me with an electric hookup both fri and sat pm or are you full on friday? I was there fri pm last year and thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!

Zena -commer fan for life

No problem Zena!

BazRockscropped.jpg

OK guys, been thinking about a run out and come up with 2 options, let me know what you think.......

1. Caerleon: Looks like lots to see with a Roman Legion Museum, Roman Amphitheatre, castle and so on.
http://www.newport.gov.uk/_dc/index.cfm?fuseaction=caerleon.homepage
2 Brecon: Welsh Guards museum (Zulu/Rorke's Drift etc).
http://royalwelsh.org.uk/regimental-museum-of-the-royal-welsh.shtml

Both about 30 miles from Pandy with a mix of A and B roads.

BazRockscropped.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Gladys Crew

and no Cannel water for Karen M.

Nor Panky!

BazRockscropped.jpg

100 yard dash, bare arsed in flip flops, at 3am. I made it though - just:I
Roman fort sounds good:)

41fa30c8-22ce-43e8-bd12-188475a80292.jpg

Member of the Non-Facebook Club

OK, Tracey from the Rising Sun is getting lots of calls for bookings over the weekend and has asked me to confirm bookings/hook-ups etc.

The only confirmations I have received in response to my post a while back were from Panky, Daytona, Gladys, Martin M, Colin & Helen, JackieP, Swampster & Friend (still no further details received!), Zena and NickClubman.

No confirmations received from Commercial Rain, Jon, BigMonkeyman, Hubbell or Big Red. (Hubbell now confirmed)

I'm going to ask her to initially reserve plots for all the above but will need those last 5 to confirm by Sunday evening or I will have to tell her I'm not 100% sure they're coming. They're very good to us and I don't want to have them turn away business unnecessarily.

BazRockscropped.jpg

Really sad to have to pull out but we will not be able to come. We've got building work going on (its been going on since February!) and is due to be finished off at the end of this week but we have to be here :(
Hope you all have a great time
Claire

BMM and CR all noted guys.

Regarding the runs it looks like the military museum is shut on Sunday so I was thinking of doing that one on the Saturday and the Caerleon on the Sunday? It's flexible though, I'll bring route notes for both venues and peeps can do whichever they prefer. Need to ret to look into parking at both as well, not sure what's on offer!

BazRockscropped.jpg

Got the run directions printed out (just, my ink ran out at the end!)

I've catered for both Caerleon and Brecon. Both runs avoid main roads as much as possible although I have no idea what they're like for gradients or width of country lanes etc, so possibly a little bit of adventure!

I haven't plotted return routes to Pandy from either venue but I'm sure you guys will manage.

For Caerleon I have plotted a route to a town centre car park, it's not big and I have no way of knowing if there will be space for us - if there isn't then it'll be a case of first Commer first served then every Commer for themselves!

For Brecon the museum website claims there is free on street parking in The Watton which is the street the museum stands on (directions end here). The town centre is then a short stroll from there.

All the directions were plotted and printed from Google Maps so don't blame me!:D

Sorry baz won't be able to make it as im snowed under with work. Catch up with everyone another time ;)

th_c286f0ee-63c4-4297-a0e1-bed3864c542e_zps27c68fe0.jpg

JON'S AUTOS the garage that comes to you...
jon@jonsautos.co.uk
www.jonsautos.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jonsautos

Back