Upholstering seats

Anybody re-upholstered their own front seats? Any tips/pictures would be great if you've got them. Nothing comes up using the search.

I think its a bit of a craft and if you really want that original look take them to a motor trimmer. We had ours redone professionally and it only cost $180AU a seat.
If you are a dab hand at a sewing machine,, i think they make the whole covers first then just pull them on and secure at the bottom back and sides. They also add new foam.:)

commer+018.jpg

Wherever we roam,
we still call our Commer home!

www.commervanoztour.blogspot.com

Awesome, thanks for the links guys. Aussie Commer - I reckon if I can learn to weld, paint, fix mechanicals, then I can learn to sew too (or at least the missus can). Time for a bit of practice now I think, if we get stuck I'll message you Pablo - Cheers :)

quote:
Originally posted by kiwi_commer

Awesome, thanks for the links guys. Aussie Commer - I reckon if I can learn to weld, paint, fix mechanicals, then I can learn to sew too (or at least the missus can). Time for a bit of practice now I think, if we get stuck I'll message you Pablo - Cheers :)

Compared with what you have already done,, sewing will be easy mate[^]

commer+018.jpg

Wherever we roam,
we still call our Commer home!

www.commervanoztour.blogspot.com

Any updates to these links?
Got estimates to recover the front seats today - “it’ll DEFINITELY be under $900, but over $600. o_O

Time to bust out the sewing machine.

It's a link to the old original forum nut unfortunately it looks like it's totally dead now. I'll keep trying and see if I can find it.

I had my two front seats plus dicky seat done in Levin for $700. I stripped and por15'd the frames before taking it in.

Far better than anything I could do and came up fantastic.

Hi. I did mine myself... Just a quick fix for now, until funds to do professional job but did Crushed velvet, stretched over existing seat & heavy duty staple gun on the back to hold in place... It'll do for now & don't look to bad... Other than this lot saying it looks like a pimp wagon.

Back