SOLD 1967 Commer PB

Seven

Hi Guys,

I hope everyone has been keeping safe and well during these strange times.

Unfortunately, due to working freelance, the recent situation has proved quite tough for my working life and so I have sadly decided to put my van up for sale. I thought I would let everyone know here first of all and will be putting up adverts elsewhere later in the week.

Beautiful and very original 1967 Commer 2500PB campervan with Autosleeper conversion in wonderful condition.

Subject to a fantastic and comprehensive renovation by a previous owner with receipts totalling over £31K over the last 9 years alone! Works included a complete body strip (and repair where needed), unleaded engine conversion, new oak panels and glass to the raising pop top and exterior respray in old english white and british racing green amongst other works.

Structurally very sound with a comprehensive stone chip and Waxoyl process having been carried out and I have continued a regular rust prevention regime annually to maintain this.

Wonderful and very original interior which I love and which was what clinched it for me when I saw the van, with lots of original wooden storage cabinets, drawers and trim, the original table and leg, period gas hob (recent gas safety check), sink and lighting and new oak flooring to the rear. Internally the front cab retains some lovely period patina with the original vinyl seats and the front cabin hammock and poles stowed behind them.

Recent works have included new alternator, four new tyres, recent coolant flush and replacement, oil and filter change, new air filter, gearbox oil drain and replacement, new fuel filter and replacement rubber fuel lines.

Dry stored over winter, the sale includes a bespoke made exterior grade breathable car cover, period awning tent (to increase living & sleeping space), period roof rack, gas bottle and workshop manual.

Being 53 years old there are some inevitable signs of its age, but overall it is in excellent condition and I am sure it is one of the best out there. Ready to be enjoyed over the summer for this years staycation!

IMG_4072.jpgIMG_4073.jpgIMG_4074.jpgIMG_4078.jpgIMG_4080.jpgIMG_4086.jpgIMG_4100.jpgIMG_4101.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to take the opportunity to say that I know I havent always been a constant contributor on the forum, but you have all been very friendly and welcoming and it was fantastic meeting a number of you a couple of years ago at the Essex meet which was a lot of fun and I am sad that I wont get a chance to attend the planned Commerfest which was due this year, but I know has been postponed. Special thanks again to Panky for all his swift and very helpful advice over the years!

Here are a few more photos as well.

IMG_4102.jpgIMG_4106.jpgIMG_4108.jpgInterior hob.jpgInterior sink.jpgManningtree2.jpgDSC08855.jpgDSC08857.jpgDSC08872.jpgDSC08874.jpg

That is simply glorious, I love it:cool:
Sad times indeed, it must be absolutely heartbreaking to even consider parting with something so special. Hopefully things will pick up soon and your decision will be reversed, here's hoping.
So sorry we missed the Essex meet it would have been great to meet in person. who knows maybe one day fairly soon.

Thank you very much Panky & Admin!
Yes very sorry not to have been able to meet at the Essex do Panky......Lets see how things go :)

Thank you very much Soupdragon. Your renovation is looking fantastic too! Bet you cant wait to get that back!

Oh too right. All I will have to do is sew up the curtains and make all the furniture lol. I really hope it goes well

Must have been a very difficult decision!:( I'm sorry we haven't got round to meeting up, especially as we live so close.
We (Sue and I) are hoping to go to Frinton with Jigley for a cuppa and cake on the front, when the weather improves a bit, if you would like to join us (social distancing of course). I will give you a ring when we are thinking of going as you might like to give your van a last run out. Cheers Trev.

Must have been a very difficult decision!:( I'm sorry we haven't got round to meeting up, especially as we live so close.
We (Sue and I) are hoping to go to Frinton with Jigley for a cuppa and cake on the front, when the weather improves a bit, if you would like to join us (social distancing of course). I will give you a ring when we are thinking of going as you might like to give your van a last run out. Cheers Trev.

Thank you very much Trev thats very kind. Would love to join you if all works out :)

So its sold and off to its new home. Bought by a very nice gentleman who has by the sound of it a very cool collection of vintage motorbikes and intends to use it to help transport a vintage bike to a camping base from which to do some touring from, which sounds like excellent fun. Hopefully the new owner might make an appearance.

Unfortunately Trev I dont think I am going to be able to make that Frinton trip now :(

Thank you everyone again for your kind words.

Goodbye.jpg

Sorry to see it has gone. Maybe when times are better for you, you might venture back into the Commer world and if, as I hope to do one day, I organize another Essex/Suffolk meet you will be able to catch up with us all again. And keep in touch via the forum. Take care. Trev and Sue

Sorry to see it has gone. Maybe when times are better for you, you might venture back into the Commer world and if, as I hope to do one day, I organize another Essex/Suffolk meet you will be able to catch up with us all again. And keep in touch via the forum. Take care. Trev and Sue

Thank you very much Trev & Sue, very kind of you and I will do. I hope so too one day!

Back