Running problems

sounds like a fueling problem for sure, a good check of all the manifolds and gaskets including the carb flange should reveal all.
spraying fuel on the joints will be a good indicator, just be careful out there :)

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off no.3"

:D GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!! :D
seem to have fixed the problem at last . after fitting everything to do with the ignition system and replacing all the manifold gaskets etc and checking the valve clearances and compression test . i was about to take the head off(thought that head gasket gone between 2+3) when i noticed a small brass screw on the side of my Weber carb, i had stripped the carb several times but only cleaned the jets inside . well basically when i took the screw out and looked at the end of it the jet was totally blocked by a peice of Gunk ! refitted jet when cleaned and she started first turn !! and ticks over like a dream . the LPG seems to run ok now since i fitted all those bits and a set up on a Co machine . Happy Days !!!!
all ready for our trip out on saturday to Clumber Park for a Queen tribute band . will post some photos when i get back (if i get back ha ha )

Cheers again
Amos
[8D]

:D Well done, perseverance pays off ( says he who is about to torch his Mini cos he can't bleed the brakes [:(!]) I had similar problems with the mini - tried all sorts - I eventually found a bad air leak into the carb. It always seems to be the last thing you look at (well if it was the fist you would have fixed it straight away :I) and always the simplest.

'Harvey the RV'

quote:
Originally posted by Panky

:D Well done, perseverance pays off ( says he who is about to torch his Mini cos he can't bleed the brakes [:(!]) I had similar problems with the mini - tried all sorts - I eventually found a bad air leak into the carb. It always seems to be the last thing you look at (well if it was the first you would have fixed it straight away :I) and always the simplest.

'Harvey the RV'

'Harvey the RV'

What happened there then. I hit 'quote' instead of 'edit' you fool :I

glad its sorted at last :) as usual it was something silly [xx(]

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off no.3"

Back