Restoring a PB Auto Sleeper

Peter Rowe

Hi

We are new to this site and are looking for a little advice :)

We have a 1972 autosleeper which is being fully restored. Loads of work has been done and we're really excited that we may actually be able to drive her after nearly 7 years!

The body work and a new paint job has now been completed, as you can see from the pictures, so we now need to sort out the internal electrics and restore the interior. (We have the complete interior but its currently purple!!)

The van is currently in Kent (a good 2 hr drive away) so we're looking for a place more local to us (near Gatwick) to finish off the last pieces of work - insulation, flooring and electrics etc.

Any help or suggestions welcome!
image (2).jpg image(1).jpg image(2).jpg image(3).jpg image(4).jpg image(5).jpg image(6).jpg inter.jpg rear.jpg rear3.jpg

Hi Peter and welcome to the Madhouse:D
All I can say is WOW that looks amazing:cool: Cant help with your request, sorry, not my neck of the woods so cant recommend anywhere, hopefully someone local will come along and help. Are you looking for storage where you can work on it yourself or a place to contract out to?

Wow. Serious work. There will be plenty of advice I am sure. I am no expert though lol. Would you get a carpenter to make up fresh units if you have the original ones to use as templates. I'm in devon so can't say where or who sorry

Thanks for your messages. We are looking for someone to do the work for us.
Hopefully someone locally to us will see this message.

There are bound to be camper converters in your area. Also have a look on other club sites, dare I say the Dark Side (vw)lol may recommend companies. While searching now could be a good time to decide where the extra wiring will go. Hook up, lights, sockets, switches, leisure battery etc etc. Then all that can be burried in trunking with tails ready when van wiring is done

Hi Peter,

Van looks lovely!

Someone may say otherwise but perhaps you could try Jules at Ratsport (google them). He may know someone locally to you, he is on here as CommerJules but I've not seen him around for a while, though I'm not often on myself. I think he is/ was in East Sussex.

Best of luck!

Jon

Hi Peter,

Van looks lovely!

Someone may say otherwise but perhaps you could try Jules at Ratsport (google them). He may know someone locally to you, he is on here as CommerJules but I've not seen him around for a while, though I'm not often on myself. I think he is/ was in East Sussex.

Best of luck!

Jon

Ok thanks Jon for your help.

Hi Peter and welcome to the madhouse, your vans looking great. I'm up in Worcestershire, when I had my old van I found a classic car garage and took my van to them for any work that I couldn't do.

Great Looking Van!
Colour really POP's too....
I've gotta ask regarding your Purple interior... What's your intensions to do with it?

Hi Peter and welcome to the madhouse, your vans looking great. I'm up in Worcestershire, when I had my old van I found a classic car garage and took my van to them for any work that I couldn't do.
Thanks Andrew

Do you know the name of the company?

Hi Peter, the company is called SMA (Worcester) classic Cars LTd, Upper Wolverton Farm, Egdon lane, Spetchley, Worcestershire, WR7 4QP 01905 345805. If you phone them ask for Simon, hope this helps.

Hi everyone.

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I'm looking to replace all the badges on my van, does anyone know where I can get there from?

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter which ones are you looking for? The best place to look is Martin Maltas, I cant think of another supplier who would be likely stock badges, but even Martin struggles with some of the trim items.

Thanks.
I'm looking to replace all the badges on my PB autosleeper .

Do you have a web address or contact number for Martin?

Regards

Back