How Good Is Aquasteel?

There are some parts under my t4 where I won't be able to get at the rust without removing welded in crossmembers so I'm considering soaking them in aquasteel but I'm wondering how well it lasts once applied? Anybody used it on a long term keeper?

Give it a go you've nothing to loose. The metal needs to be grease and oil free for it to work properly and as mush loose stuff removed as possible. I've used it on both my vans but where I didn't put new metal in there was only light rust with a little pitting. It's still fine after four years on Harvey - I did paint over the Aquasteel but there are no signs of any rot breaking through where I used it.

41fa30c8-22ce-43e8-bd12-188475a80292.jpg

I have a can of it and have been using it.
I do have one complaint tho(this maybe down to a falt in what I'm doing rather than the product), but I find it hard to get stuff to stick to it after I have covered it with aqua steel.
The worst was a boot lid I repaired on a Stag, on the bear mettle I painted the aqua steel. As soon as I put a skim of filler on it it just peeled off the mettle that had been painted. I had to sand it back to bare mettle and forget the aqua steel.