Hello everyone!

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Good honest van that has been used exactly for what it was intended for - and by the sound of it has got plenty of life left. From the pics what needs doing looks purely cosmetic - cushion covers, curtains and paint, you've got a good'un by the look of it [^]

'Harvey the RV'

studiocommer

wow, gorgeous [:0] seems to have escaped to worst that commers can have to offer on the rust front - that's sure gonna come up a treat:)

My first guess for badge was 2500 but notice there's a C.I. makers badge for the 73 highwayman in this pic....
CI_73_highwayman_01.jpg
looks like it would fill your paint gap;) Haven't seen what badge looks like in the flesh or know where you'd find one.

A couple more pics from that brochure starting here.....
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/studiocommer/commer-cials/?start=60 and going on to next page.

Can't get over how well that should come up, lovely original feel to it[8D] especially cab[8D]

Bessie - four star commerdation

HappyHarry

I'm so chuffed with her :)

In work until Wednesday - Can't wait to get out and start work on her!

I'm excited!

Don't know where i'm going to find that badge tho!

Commer - The Hallmark Of Reliability

studiocommer

might well be possible to mock one up, been playing around with clear casting resin lately - has potential for something like this

Bessie - four star commerdation

commerchris

Staff member
looks great [8D]does it have mot ? if not good place to start :)
Then little & often attention helps,enjoy :p

Sybhil & no1

HappyHarry

quote:
Originally posted by commerchris

perhaps Admin can have a look in my box of bits see if there is a badge.

Sybhil & no1

Cheeky!

That would be great :)

She sailed through the MOT - No bother at all!

I was thinking about getting a cabinet maker to redo the inside - Keeping the same look (obviously) :)

Mainly wanting to do it as it's looking a bit tattered around the edges - Sink needs waterproofing etc...

What do you rekon? Good idea? Or not so good idea?

commerchris

Staff member
I think if you are going to have a cabinet maker do the work on the interior, you need to make sure no welding underneath,rear corners etc is needed 'cos you might need to remove interior to do body work ? do the work in the right order,,,the fact you have an mot is a very good start she looks great :p

Sybhil & no1

HappyHarry

Not a bad idea that...

I don't think there's going to be too much needed in the way of welding. Having said that, i've not had the floor up and the seats out yet.

A multitude of sins may await me...

Can't wait to get stuck in!

Still excited :)

JohnIOM

I knew of the vans location for 5 or so years unfortunately the previous owner had passed away. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. The Vans recent custodian has had a lot of offers but didn't want it to go to the wrong home.

Hopefully I can get it shifted to my workshop next week. Both door bottoms are rotten but structurally the underneath is pretty good. I'm considering going for a swap to a 2.4Tb Peugeot engine and box conversion with hydraulic front shocks. front brakes and the rear axle may also be on the list for "adjustment"

JohnIOM

Half an hour of tinkering today and she's running ! The brake master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder are shot, so they've been ordered today, tomorrows job is strip the brakes!