Hard to get into gear..

Poppy always been a bit difficult to get into 1st gear but I put that down to linkages..now its getting worse and I can feel her pulling away when I can get it in gear with the clutch pedal down..im guessing my clutch is slowly going..im there ant adjustment on the cable I can try .. just wondering before I get under her this morning ..cheers folks

Sorry I'm a bit late, just got in from Tatton. No cable on the clutch, all hydraulic, first thing is to check the fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir - it's under an inspection plate in the drivers side floor. If its low check for leaks, slave cylinders tend to go first.

Thanks ..It was dry as a nuns...seems to be a bit better ..I'll give it a drive out in the week or give it a bleed if it's the sa e ..your a gent panky. .just laffin at car sos tonight the vw camper break g down and overheating up hills...

Have you checked the front and rear gear linkages? Also make sure make sure the link rod is tight enough, I may need adjusting aswell. Well done for filling up the clutch resovoir, keep an eye on the level.

Back