Falcon Heavy

Barb made the cottage:cool: She's very talented and made a few different ones, they are gorgeous
I started by making a drawing

jgrGri1.jpg

and transferring it to 1mm ply wood

QHAwas5.jpg

6qo4jOW.jpg

The chassis came from a very play worn TV van as it's one of the only models with the later grille

MwroSqF.jpg

pq1kXEZ.jpg

Cupboards and seats fitted

28iXbPW.jpg

It even has a hook-up with a little LED inside:)

Made the roof out of balsa and sanded it to shape then painted it with the same paint I got for the repairs I did on Bonnie.
One mini Bonnie:D

eImNRlH.jpg

That's the same base model that I used to make my Maidstone as it's the only model based on the minibus with wrap around rear windows. Difference was, I needed the original front end with no grill, so had to carry out major surgery (well filing really). I also had to re-shape the peak as the original model is not quite correct. That's the finished model in my avatar.

I want one! When are you setting up a scale production line?
Only snag is, as they were built less than 40 years ago, you'll need a miniature tax disc

Thank you but they are a very personal thing and I don't want to make to make a carrier out of them. I like to encourage others to try out their own artistic tendencies:)

"8 years ago the US government said NASA's Moon programme should be mothballed because the heavy-lift rocket required to send men to the Moon, or better yet, Mars, would take 12 years and $36Bn to build. Yet Falcon Heavy took half that time to build and cost only half a billion - at no expense to the taxpayer"

Back