Big Austin

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
I'm luvvin this :cool: The roof line and side flash looks very Jennings like

jimberlake

How cool is that! We used to have horsebox one till about 12 years ago. Great lorries and was pretty reliable too until it got v cold, not sure it had the cold start option fitted!

renaultvation

I used to drive one of those in the 1980s for the Basildon Phab club. It had seats down one side and mounts for wheelchair clamps down the other and a hydraulic ramp at the rear. It was quite a reach from the driver's seat to get it into 2nd or 4th gears, you almost needed a double jointed shoulder! Every other driver hated it (we also had Transits), but I loved it.

DanBCanvey

I used to drive one of those in the 1980s for the Basildon Phab club. It had seats down one side and mounts for wheelchair clamps down the other and a hydraulic ramp at the rear. It was quite a reach from the driver's seat to get it into 2nd or 4th gears, you almost needed a double jointed shoulder! Every other driver hated it (we also had Transits), but I loved it.
I know of a cab to one of these of pound lane Basildon always liked the two lower windows at the front! Sadly its seen better days now.