Another Wilma for sale

Not only does this look a beautiful Jennings Roadranger, but the advert is a history lesson in itself. Does anyone know this van? Well worth a look.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-COMMER-JENNINGS-1725cc-COACHBUILT-MOTORHOME-CAMPER_W0QQitemZ380034778963QQihZ025QQcategoryZ14256QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can it get any more perfect than that, I adore it [^]:p. Lottery, lottery, lottery, lottery :)

'Harvey the RV'

Oh oh Martin, it's in your neck of the woods - such tempation[:0]:p:D

That is one special van, looks as if it has had the same level of care and attention that went into the listing - humbling stuff:)

Bessie - four star commerdation

Personally, I'm not usually a big fan of the motorhomes but I've got to admit this one does look rather peachy - very period.

Amazing condition, must have required a lot of TLC as it was a barn find. Lovely colour scheme too.

Hi
just been referred to your pages by Kes- its great to see so much interest in Commers and I wish I'd known about you earlier! Yes, that is my Roadranger on E-bay, her sale has required much soul-searching and I can't believe the interest generated. There was a £1000 bid on her within about 5 minutes! I pressed the button to load one of the pictures to your site and you may have ended up with all the lot! Anyway, will try to get some pictures across if this hasn't worked. Can't believe those listings with Auctiva - they put 24 big pics up for free.
A couple of other Commer points which are a bit late for me, but may be relevant. Looking at your list of suppliers, can I speak up for Powertrack? The guy's unbelievably helpful and I have rung several times at around 3pm, but always got the bits next day. (www.powertrackbrakes.co.uk). Also, has anyone sourced new door seals yet? Mine are getting grubby but the usual suppliers don't do them. I did, however, find one - BAINES (www.coh-baines.co.uk) who still had them on their lists and have been very good with my other cars (Rochdale GTs/Olympics). The section seems to be IRS 0042 to me but isn't one of their standard stock items, so they required a minimum order of 100 metres. They quoted 6-8 weeks for delivery and £2.42 a metre. By my reckoning, this is enough for about 12 Commers! I had toyed with shelling out and putting the rest on E-bay but was a bit doubtful that there were 11 others out there! However, its really great to see so much interest and hope this may be of some use if a few folk could get together...
LES

I am edging a bet it will sell for very good money,looks gorgeous [^]it's not too late to change your mind a keep it now you have found us :D[}:)]:D
welcome aboard :)

"SYBHIL" & N0.1

I paid a visit to Les tonight and had a look at the roadranger (thanks for the cuppa).
Very clean and tidy and runs sweet, however it does have the usual commer rust. Both front doors, lower front panel, windscreen surround and front arches, all have filler. Les made a nice job of coachpainting it a few years ago and still has a nice shine.
Underneath it has a few usual repairs, but no horrors. The fluted sills are still present, but a bit crusty. One jacking point is missing.
Overall a tidy, straight to work van, but the cab needs a few Woolfy panels to put it right. :)

Hi Les, great to hear from you & delighted you said hello, hope you enjoyed meeting Martin (I know I did). There is someone who knows about commers, got some highly recommended reading in the readers rides sections.

Many thanks for helpful tips, always good to hear of helpful traders.

I hope the sale goes really well for you, one of the forum traditions seems to be to buy your own van;) let us know how it goes:)

Seen Wilma on e-bay, love the great big photo's. Beautiful camper and the location looks good too!:D
Off to do some more work on mine, the photo's have set me off again, can't wait till mines on the road.:)
Hope sale goes well, and goes to a loving new home.

Not a lot, a glass or three, honest [:eek:)]
But staying away from ebay auctions just in case of twitching finger syndrome ;)
'Harvey the RV'

Yes ... she’s a working van without pretensions of being concours. Several of the chassis members have been cut away where rusty and new channel sections have been welded in. One of these was tested to destruction (of his car!) when a kamikaze hatchback driver became tired of living. The bit carrying the front jacking point was one of those replaced, and as the rear point will lift both front and rear wheels, I never got round to re-welding the actual jacking point, though I think I still have it for anyone keen enough. My modus operandi (eh?) for the unavailable panels was to cut away the rusty sections, re-weld in new metal and then get the shape back with filler as appropriate. The last of this was done several years ago and has kept the MOT man happy ever since, though if I’d had access to new panels at the time, I probably wouldn’t have resorted to such....
LES

ahh yes - wish I'd know about the wondrous woolfys' panels earlier - might have helped to save my first van[V] - very glad to know there is some metalwork available if (or maybe more a case of when:I) Bessie needs some bodywork done.

Hope you didn't get too much of a hatchback shaped dent in yer side, good to know Wilma can stand up for herself when required - for some reason I have a mental image of an elderly aunt whacking a mugger with her handbag[B)][:X]

Back