Resto update

Great work.
The roof would look really good if it was done in roof lining material, but it would be quite difficult I imagine.

It's attaching anything to the roof panky that is the stumbling block. I'm thinking of maybe attaching some thin board with screws. The problem is that you have to be absolutely 100% accurate as you must get the screws in the strengthening seams or they will go through the roof.

I understand. You would need to bond some battens on but that's getting complicated. Maybe just give it a lick of vinyl silk emulsion and see how it looks.

I was thinking about bonding some smooth polystyrene sheet to it then painting it. From what I removed it looked like they had done that originally.

Brilliant idea Martin. Have you ever done this and if so did you use normal high contact spray glue or heat resistant glue or maybe something else? I have both but obviously the spray glue is a lot easier to use.

I'll use the heat resistant glue just to give it the best chance. I was told by a guy ages ago that giving the roof a coat of pva helps, which makes sense as it's a waterproof adhesive primer.

Some types of glue will melt polystyrene anf foam so check the lable. What about that ‘stretchy’ material they line posh vans etc with? Or stick the solarbay up and the material over the top?

Back