Clutch kit commer 1725

Has anyone got a clutch kit for a 1725cc commer camper.I ahve access to a Borg and Warner clutch kit part number HK1010 the clutch has six splines but I am not sure whether this fits a commer or not desperate to find out. Dont want to pay garage to take it out to find thius kit does not fit.

Looking at the diagram in the manual it shows the clutch plate fits onto a ten spline shaft. It is 8.5 inches in diameter, hope this helps.

I've just had the garage out looking for an old gearbox input shaft that I know is in there somewhere, but to no avail. I did find what I'm pretty sure is an old Commer clutch it is a B&B 53131 and, just to confuse things, this one has a lot more than ten splines. Maybe the diagram is for 'demonstration purposes only'.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks lads now I am more confused. I have to get the van I have brought back to Newport Shropshire from near Preston. Once on the motorway do you think the van would be ok or will it slip in top gear.
I see you can get a full re-con for £50.00 off speedy spares have you had dealings with this company. All new to me although I had a PB van back in 1981-1984 ill have to post some pics when i can work out how.

Done spoke to Sarah at Speedys full clutch kit £110 with 340 back on return of old clutch this includes postage to Blackburn to be fitted.
Im happy thanks to all who offered help. The van failed MOT after 1 yr. off rd. with only light bulbs,emmissions thro standing and front brakes sticking. Very pleased indeed.
Is there an owners club for Commers last one I had there wasnt even internet lol.

This is the nearest to an owners club, Admin is setting up a full website.
We have had one meeting this year, with another planned for August, so I suppose we are a sort of club.:)

quote:
Originally posted by martin maltas

This is the nearest to an owners club, Admin is setting up a full website.
We have had one meeting this year, with another planned for August, so I suppose we are a sort of club.:)

PS good deal with speedys, pay £110 and get 340 back [:0]

Back