Cam type

Quick question - Is it possible to find out what cam profile is in an engine without major dismantling? Is there a list from the engine serial number or a way to see the cam stamp (I have a mini cable camera that can get in places)?

Ta

Sorry can't help with that, I've got the Hunter manual that tells you which cams were fitted to the different engines but it doesn't mention any ID marking. Aftermarket cams usually have the ID stamped on the end so it might be the same here.

Ok ta Panky, I have that manual too, hoping for the 295 cam, I think they are stamped just not sure where! Was mention of a register somewhere where the engine number can be matched to an application depending on the detail was hoping I could see what model Hunter the engine came from. Failing that hoping Steve Williams May know the car it was pulled from and should be able to work from there

Thanks guys, Martin you know of stamped on the end or on the side of the shaft itself, ie could I view it with the camera through the sump plug next oil change?

Back