1978 Commer/Dodge Project For Sale or Trade?

Anyone fancy taking this on?

1978 Spacevan, in need of TLC. Purchased MoT-ed and Taxed last year -as a rolling resto - we hoped to do a few jobs over the winter and be holidaying this summer, but we have run out of time and no longer have workshop space. I am gutted that it has to go, but at the moment we really need something that's on the road. :(

MOT expired some months ago, taxed until the end of March. Starts, runs and drives, but doesn't stop!

It will definitely need some work to the front brakes for the MoT (I think one of the cylinder seals has given up the ghost), plus some bodywork in the near future - it's seen a fair bit of filler over the years.

514881092_644b8f256d.jpg

514916341_bd8db703c0.jpg

485880024_70174a3a75_m.jpg

As you can see, we have started to de-grill it - I much prefer the Commer look to the plasticky Dodge front end.

There will be a pile of manuals/books and a few spares with the van.

Now here's a long shot - anyone out there fancy this but have an on-the-road nice Commer to trade? Obviously there would be a chunky cash adjustment from our end. :D

Otherwise, if you're interested in a straight purchase, drop me a line.

Apologies to anyone who was interested in this van - I've been up to my neck in stuff at work for the past month - sitting down and doing stuff on t'internet has been a bit of a luxury! [:(!]

The good news (for us) is that we will be keeping it - my other half eventually found a local garage who were willing to do the work to get it on the road - it should be MoT'd, Taxed and sorted by the end of the week - it's just cosmetics and some bodywork after that. :)

Thanks! :)

However, as you say - a wholehearted apology to the interested peeps. Sorry! I would have posted the update a while ago, but I've been doing extremely long hours at work for the last two months - I've barely been near my PC.

Back