Speedy Spares

Hi All.
Just tried to order some parts from Speedy Spares only to be told that they are closing down this month so wondered if anyone knows of anywhere else we can get parts from apart from Rootes Parts Service in Holland now that Martin is no longer doing mechanical parts.
Cheers

I believe the Imp Club is acquiring a lot of spares... you will have to be a member to buy and only so many parts will be valid, but it's something

I have been told that Speedy’s are selling off remaining spares April-December. Someone will buy them. But getting them will be trickier and mire expensive no doubt. And all the knowledge they have built up over 58 years will be lost. Great shame.

Re suppliers. Forest Custom Classics (Sunbeam Car Spares) are an option. They will sell engine parts for cast head models I suspect if they support Rapiers. Power Track Ltd are good for braking and clutch components.

As you say it is a great shame to loose all that knowledge. I have looked on the Imp website but no mention of our Commers yet. Maybe later. In the meantime it looks like another email to Rootes Parts in Holland to see what they can offer. Talking to our mechanic the other day he said it is unbelievable that a vehicle as British as our Commer and we have to get parts from Holland. Strange old world.

Speedy’s still have some spares. Including what must be very rare fuel pipe grommets. I bet there are a few out there in need of one. But no more king pins and they are out of timing chains now too. I ordered this morning. Last day next Thursday.

Back