Out and About

It hammered it down all day and night but the trip home was almost dry :rolleyes: The first evening was worth the trip though

20221015_085017.jpgSo, on the face of it not an exciting trip out, but important as it is Mousey's first run out after coach building surgery. This pic taken at Eyam Well. Historically significant as Eyam was the village that barricaded itself off from the world for 3 years fromn 1665 to stop the spread of Plague after a cotton trader received an infected parcel from London. 2/3 of the village died. In the white Peak there are only villages where there was water back in the day, so the wells are celebrated annually and each village has a well 'dressing'. Here I'm parked up to get the covid booster at the local GP, so perhaps apt, given the history?

Mousey went on to do a mammoth trip of 40 miles through the Peak District getting me to a dry stone walling course (and back!). Confidence building for an upcoming run to see @colinthefox down in zummerzet.

What a glorious sunny October weekend.
Goldstream Provincial Park
22°C during the day and down to 5° overnight. A wee bit fresh in the camper first thing in the morning but things warmed up quickly, especially with the kettle on. Normally it’s endless rain, cold and grey skies this time of year so our group enjoyed lot of relaxing, drinks around the campfire and stargazing. Jupiter was still visible, low and bright.
Happy fall!
84D048AC-B33E-48FE-8731-4C61CF5F491F.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah Eyam! I thought I’d jump in on that as one of my ancestors lived there. It doesn’t get mentioned much when the tale is told of the village closing itself off but not all the residents towed the line. I’m told my forebear and his family buggered off to a remote cottage and waited it out. Glad he did as I wouldn’t exist otherwise.

Ah Eyam! I thought I’d jump in on that as one of my ancestors lived there. It doesn’t get mentioned much when the tale is told of the village closing itself off but not all the residents towed the line. I’m told my forebear and his family buggered off to a remote cottage and waited it out. Glad he did as I wouldn’t exist otherwise.
There are tales of war in Tideswell when someone from Eyam showed up to market!

Well it's not very exciting but Mousey made the long trip down to the West Country today from Sheffield for a holiday with Beryl chez @colinthefox. As she is not yet the recipient of a proper mechanical going over, we used the B roads most of the way - just like before the M1 and M5 existed . Took a while to get into Mousey this morning, but then an almost completely uneventful 7 hour journey. Much more enjoyable than the Volvo, especially with the new Hilux front shocks (WHAT A DIFFERENCE!) And the replaced rubber springs at the back. Just need to get the overdrive working and we'll be laughing on the return leg.

20221210_200023.jpg

Nice!

What's the added bling to the rear end, though? High level indicators and stop lights? Going HGV, are we? :)
Yep extra LED indicators, side and brake lights. The low down originals are hard to see from the seat of a tailgating monster SUV

Back