Chassis numbers - Is yours tax exempt ??

It looks like that will come in next year, good though:)

bth_IMAG0017.jpg

Summer's Coming

Owning a 1974 van. I want to be first in the queue for historic vehicle exemption. With the date of first registration being 09/07/1974 there is a chance that our van could have been built before 1st Jan 1974.
There were lots of mentions of this chap that can help verify a vehicles age, but his details were not made public.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/katiebf/IMG-20130310-WA0000_zpsc08d35f3.jpg

Does anyone know when the tax exception is going to change?? I'm first registered 01.05.1974 so hopefully it's build before the new cut off date!!

th_8a1b03ad8de9d803395c3fdd6d2b70e1_zpsb6fbe24c.jpg

Bring Me Sunshine !!

Exert from the Telegraph at the time of the budget:)

"Previously only cars built before January 1 1973 were exempt from road tax, after the Government abandoned the previous 25-year rolling scale in 1997. However, from April 2014 any car manufactured before January 1 1974 will be entitled to a free tax disc."

Full Story

bth_IMAG0017.jpg

Summer's Coming

just wondering if we know the latest or can find out the latest pre '74

last chassis no off the production line for new rules coming in april

"Just thought that some of you might like this info..
I have been in touch with a very helpful bloke at Renault trucks
who has given me some info on the last Commer PB to come
off the line in 1972.
So for a vehicle to be tax exempt it must have been BUILT before
midnight on 31st Dec 1972.. (you probably all know this already?)

To prove this you need a copy of the Line Book..

The date of registration not important !!
Remember that most campers sat around at convertors for many many months before being converted and registered..
The last PB off the production line in Jan 1973 had the chassis number-158645. ( the magic number.. )
So if your chassis number is prior to this one it is tax exempt..
if its after, dont waste any money getting an expert to date it for you!!

Although be aware that a special batch order went through with the last chassis number in Jan 73 being 151976 ?

So check your numbers, even if it was registered in 74 you may still have a chance of tax exemption, and find yourself 180 quid better off every year..
Good Luck all
Will "

Commer Dandy by Dandy Caravans now Riva Dandy
The Colonel Mustard six speed
9858609586_be59f5d209.jpg[IMG]

I have tried contacting mike worthington Williams to no avail. What now? Do I contact Renault trucks? Does anyone have a department or name?

I have an address from a reply to an old van I had will dig it out or you could
search forum for it as I am sure I scaned it & posted on here it related to previous owner of no 1

Commer Dandy by Dandy Caravans now Riva Dandy
The Colonel Mustard six speed
9858609586_be59f5d209_t.jpg

Member of the 6 speed club.

I have just googled him

Michael Worthington Williams
The Old Schoolhouse,
Cenarth,
Newcastle Emlyn
SA38 9JL
email: worthycomments@btconnect.com

just emailed him on the off chance
[8D]

Espresso.jpg

I have the fear

Hopefully I will have a date for my van. I have also been quoted a new "magic number"
Which I am hoping is for the new VED regs that come in v soon.
If the magic is the number of the last van off the line on 31 Dec 1973, then 20,000 commers were built in 1973. How likely do we think this is? I will confirm when I get the info through and share.

Get in touch with the Rootes Archive Trust, they will tell you for sure and issue a certificate for proof:)

41fa30c8-22ce-43e8-bd12-188475a80292.jpg

Member of the Non-Facebook Club

Back