X-box... It Moves.. it really moves!!

It's not raining so I went for a drive, fuel gauge still stuck so I threw some more super unleaded in. Nice steady bumble about the area to bed her in and shake down. It's taking some getting used to.
I did a standing start on the bypass. 60 came and went before I knew it!

Attachments

• 20210514_174551.jpg
    20210514_174551.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 26
The back end must be pretty lively, hardly any weight there and all that power and torque on tap must make it interesting :cool:

It should be very controlled on a smooth road. Sounds like the springs are too hard, i can't remember what poundage they were, but it should be written on them.

Took the tank out. Waxoiled around where it fits. Can't figure out how or why the float stuck so I added a bit of weight to it. I tested the buoyancy in my quench bucket. Still floats so it's going back in tomorrow when the waxoil on the chassis area has dried.

Attachments

• 20210515_160140.jpg
    20210515_160140.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 20210515_152524.jpg
    20210515_152524.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Tank sorted and refitted. Devised a way of having one of the back doors ajar when driving to suck some heat out.
Just started cleaning the inside now... yeah, I know I've changed lol

Tank sorted and refitted. Devised a way of having one of the back doors ajar when driving to suck some heat out.
Just started cleaning the inside now... yeah, I know I've changed lol
You will need to make sure that leaving the door ajar does suck air out and not draw air in. When I have driven a car with the tailgate ajar it has sucked exhaust fumes in. However, the position of your exhaust pipes may prevent this.

You will need to make sure that leaving the door ajar does suck air out and not draw air in. When I have driven a car with the tailgate ajar it has sucked exhaust fumes in. However, the position of your exhaust pipes may prevent this.
Good point but the front windows will be open or I will use the Swamp cooler.

Back