X-box... It Moves.. it really moves!!

OnTheRoadAgain

All back on, rebuilt and an additional pre filter fitted. There's literally no room for it so the filter is on the axle for now.
Tried to fire her up and the starter decided it wanted to join it's predecessor in the scrap bin.. the standard ones don't like the extra compression.
New one is currently in Memphis Tennesee. Its a high torque lightweight one.
Serious question... Is keeping the weight down really an issue...

... Surely you should buy a cheaper (heavy) one and place it above the back axle to help off the start line!

PaulJL

Fitted the starter. No shims or adjustments needed. Fired first time from cold. It's half the size of the last one but twice the power.

PaulJL

Been out again today. Nearly 60 miles over the weekend with no major issues. Stumbled across an American car meet so I pulled in and turned lots of heads.
Left there and popped up to the Motorist. Managed to upset a Lamborghini owner as everybody walked straight passed it to look at my van!
BTW.. gps speedo.. it's for winners!

PaulJL

Been out and about this week between work on the new Manfacility roof.
128 miles at an average of 13.5mpg..

PaulJL

Another run out today after replacing the gearbox vacuum hose for a rigid one. Another £30 in the tank..

PaulJL

I swear the #V8Commer is trying to kill me yesterday, MOT day, left her running to warm up, walked around the back just as it decided to select reverse. Luckily my sandblast cabinet saved me any major injuries, just a very sore leg. The cabinet punched a hole through the back door though.
Mot... Pass.
Some investigation required.

Dodgymark

Blimey Paul… lucky boy not getting flattened… you ain’t got the engine from the film Christine in there have ya ? Good news on the mot though. Well done

colinthefox

I swear the #V8Commer is trying to kill me yesterday, MOT day, left her running to warm up, walked around the back just as it decided to select reverse. Luckily my sandblast cabinet saved me any major injuries, just a very sore leg. The cabinet punched a hole through the back door though.
Mot... Pass.
Some investigation required.
Ouch! Really glad it wasn't more serious. Loads of videos on YouTube of (mainly American) automatics running in circles out of control.