whatzzitfer??

BC Sunshine

What is the purpose of the two decent sized, factor installed holes along the body of the camper?

One is a few inches above the base, near where the cab meets the body, and the other just before the rear wheel cut out.

They are access holes to the jacking points. You should have a side jack to change your wheels, it's about three feet tall with a hinged rod that fits into the jacking point and a turn handle to raise and lower it.

AH YES!!!
Thank you, Sir Panky. :)
One mystery solved.
The original ginormous, seriously medieval looking jack, and CRANK are in bubble wrap under the bench, in an effort to reduce the considerable noise whilst being driven.

Anyone ever crank started their lovely ride??

Yup:)
Many moons ago on the forecourt of a petrol station when the starter button failed on Harvey and not long after we got Bonnie the starter motor packed up:rolleyes:
It was quite easy and the engines kicked over nicely, tried on my Morris Minor and nearly killed myself with the effort:D

Had to crank my moggy minor recently when the starter motor stopped working. I concur with Panky's findings.

In other news:
Bought a new moggy starter motor. It hasn't arrived yet, but I' have shelled out the cash. Existing failed starter healed up and repaired itself almost directly after the cash had left my account.
They're evil, I tell you ..

Harvey hasn't got the hole now, Martin didn't have a new one when I repaired the front valance;) Don't actually need it now as the Rapier engine doesn't have the starting dog.

Back