Two tone green coach built spotted

PaulJL

Stunning looking two tone green coach built spotted last night at a petrol station in Sandal, Wakefield. Anybody on here?

Pootle's Owner

Hi
Yes that was us on first drive and having first fill-up in Sandal. We had just bought Pootle in Upper Denby and were off to visit aged father in Normanton (where I grew up). He is 93 and thought Pootle was excellent. On Weds we then drove down the M1 and around M25 to Pootle's new home in Cobham. It was an interesting and brave (foolhardy) first trip! 250 miles at 45mph was a challenge but temperature held good, battery kept charging and engine/gearbox gave no problems or nasty noises. As new custodians of this lovely vehicle we are looking forward to a nice weekend for a trial outing with our youngest son who loves her - older offspring think we are mad!
Tony & Helen

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the Madhouse:D
Don't worry you're not alone - many people think we're mad but what do they know;)
Pootle is a cracking van - one of the best around, you lucky people, and well known to the folks on here. The Tourstar is one of my favourites and a couple called Colin and Helen on here own another great example. We've got a Jenning Roadranger which was designed by the same bloke so shares many of the features of the Tourstar, almost an earlier version.
Hopefully we'll see you at one of the occasional meets we have.

dodgeram

Howdy and welcome along:). My maiden (collection) trip in the Autosleeper was all of fifteen miles, push bike in the back, with first and second gears completely unobtainable.:)