The Ultimate Accessory - Period Satnav

That's the kind of stage we're at with driverless cars at present. Another forty years and they'll make fatal mistakes much less frequently.

Driverless cars are making fewer fatal mistakes per mile driven than human driven cars

I can understand how driverless cars might cope with urban roads with kerbs and proper lanes, but I wonder how they would cope with our rural lanes, particularly those where there is insufficient room to pass. Usually one or both cars will drive with two wheels off the road (avoiding ditches), or one will reverse up to a field entrance. How would two driverless cars cope?

I can understand how driverless cars might cope with urban roads with kerbs and proper lanes, but I wonder how they would cope with our rural lanes, particularly those where there is insufficient room to pass. Usually one or both cars will drive with two wheels off the road (avoiding ditches), or one will reverse up to a field entrance. How would two driverless cars cope?
Perhaps some sort of cannon? Lol I think lorries, buses and taxis will be the first lot to afford it on a mass scale. Us rural folk will just have to drive ourselves

To be honest you see some city folk on our country roads and there wouldn't be a noticeable difference :)

It will never catch on!

That Essex County Council Transit could be the very van I used to have a driving assessment in Chelmsford before I was allowed to become a volunteer driver for disabled children many years ago. The assessor sat on the edge of his seat in the back and if he didn't fall off during my drive I passed!

Back