Tatton Park 30th/31st May

Panky

admin 2.0
Staff member
I'll be there in Ted the Traveller on the Northwest Casual Classics stand (C8) Pop over and say hello if you're in the neighbourhood:)

Pictures please for those of us unlucky to be half a world away. Too many US cars at shows here, need a UK fix!!

Wrong decision Andy;)
Didn't get many pics was to busy schmoozing with the public only managed a couple of our stand and Ted:oops:

'The Powerhouse' :)

Ted looking FAB, plus a sweet looking 2 door, In the late 60's, my sister Janet's boyfriend and later 1st husband had a Minor, it was his daily drive until he completed building his Supercharged MGTC. This is the only picture I have of the TC, taken out the front of our house in St Ives, Sydney, with my other sister, Linda boyfriends new Datsun 1000 Coupe. My sisters are 11 and 10 years older than me, so I would have been 8-9 years old at the time. Still remember going to the races at Warick Farm in Sydney in the TC sitting sideways behind the front seats squeezed in with the picnic baskets, rugs and thermos to see Jackie Stewart, Jack Brabham, Jacki Ickx Frank Gardner, Larry Perkins and a swag of other F1 drivers of the day that used to come down here in our summer to race/test in the Gold Star Series prior to the F1 season commencing in Europe. Sort of explains where my interest in cars originated. John who owned the TC and his mates had some amazing 1960's road/race cars. Unfortunately to young to have a camera at the time, I think I sneaked out with Mum & Dad's Kodak Instamatic to get this shot, one of very few I have.

Always loved the NSU way ahead of their time in styling, Wankel motor seemed a good idea at the time though time has sorted that problem. So good Audi resurrected it the body design to create the Audi 100 and A4's 30 years later. Amazing to think this is a car from the 60's. Found this Top Gear 1994 story on the car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TMgo7DfT9o

Having flash-backs, need more pictures!!!!!!John and Barrys cars late 60s.JPG

Last edited:
The TC is my ALL TIME favourite, absolutely love them:cool:
No sound on the vid:(
We've actually got two R)80's in the club - the treasurer, Rob, has one as well as the one pictured. Apparently they are very good at starting grass fires:eek: and have rather interesting spark plugs, a bit like aero engine ones, and they cost a fortune.

Yes, for some reason I've yet to have explained to me, the combustion temperature is much higher in a rotary than in a conventional reciprocating motor. My navigator, from my rallying days, had a mildly worked RX3/Savannah ex-rally car for club motorsport. In the 80's all the rotary's used to burn out conventional fibre glass mufflers very quickly due to the heat, muffler design have fortunately moved on. He navigated in this car a number of times with the previous owner and would recall how at night the back-fires would light-up the darkness of the forest, as unburnt fuel on overrun would be ignited by the heat in the exhaust system.

Spark plugs from memory were a triple electrode. At the time about $30 ea compared to the $6 NGK's I had in the Datsun. My 1988 GSXR750 has twin electrode spark plugs standard, which I think is pretty normal for performance bikes these days.

NSU Ro80. Cracking cars, had one years ago but the Wankel tips went so I fitted a Ford Corsair V4 but kept the "clutchless" gearbox

Back