Round trip

Jostein

This week I've had the pleasure of visiting Commerchris (Christine), Commerracer (Tim), Martin, Panky (John) and Colin the Fox.

I have never lost my faith in Commerkind, but visits like these only strengthens my belief. We're a truly wonderful bunch of anoraks, we really are! And I mean that in the most positive of ways.

It has been a great seeing you all.

colinthefox

You're welcome any time. And don't forget that any Commer can stop over here (Bridgwater Somerset) for free. It's half way to anywhere, and convenient for the M5. Electric available. Hope to see y'all :)

Jostein

Brilliant seeing you Jostein! Sorry I was a bit chaotic. Did you get a table?
It was not chaotic, Chris. It was just great! Had a brilliant time over at yours.

Yes, parts were picked up last Friday, and we spent 6 1/2 hours solid to remove the last bits we could muster. Removal of engine and gearbox took up most of these..

I had high hopes about the table, but unfortunately it was not the genuine article. I saw it the moment I could check its legs. So the hunt for the genuine one continues.

The seller, Andy, was absolutely fantastic. He spent the entire day assisting me - or rather the opposite, me assisting him - getting as many parts saved as possible. There really wasn't much left in the end, although some parts proved too difficult/time consuming to get off in time for my departure. So steering box/gear and both front and rear suspension was not removed. But other than that, the only bit left which maybe could have been saved was the front panel - but it would have taken hours to get it off, hours that we didn't have.

It feels good to have saved so much from a rotten old Highwayman, I have to say. The length Andy had gone to in dismantling the vehicle even before I came to pick parts up was astonishing.

So a very fruitful Friday, if I can put it that way :)

Jostein

One for Colin the Fox (and Sally), this one.

Remember we were discussing stacking of firewood? This is my stack, basically organising two pallets full of firewood delivered to us some 5 - 6 weeks ago. It was a doddle really as I was listening to the panel game "The unbelievable truth" on BBC radio 4 (on BBC iPlayer) at the time. and only wished there was more wood to stack.. :D

colinthefox

You could have got a bit creative to pass the time:)
IMG_20190309_101415[1].jpg

This is about as creative as my firewood stacking gets. It's obviously a work of art, but what it represents is anyone's guess. Any ideas? But seriously, for anyone who's really into their firewood there's a book...........yes really. ISBN 978-0-85705-255-1 "Norwegian wood: Chopping, stacking, and drying wood the Scandinavian way. My interest stems from a former life.....We heated our draughty home entirely using wood from our own trees (and demolition) for 25 years, which involved chopping, stacking and drying a vast quantity of wood. It also resulted in the restoration of 4 acres of woodland from dereliction. Unmanaged woodlands in the UK are a vast wasted resource of useable [edit] CO2 neutral [/edit] firewood which could be used without damaging the environment. Don't get me started....