ported exhaust manifold

commeracer

quite clear to see the difference here [^] you can see a hole at the top where its broken through, this will be filled and dressed accordingly. this is not finished yet but it gives an idea of what can be done. this took about 2 hours with a die grinder,so you can see the work involved, but it will certainly improve the gas flow :p

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off no.3"

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
It's having it's nostrils reamed [:0] Engine tuning - what kind did you use cherry menthol or eucalyptus:I. You can see the advantage, far less restrictive

'Harvey the RV'

commeracer

had a day off from tanks, so i thought i would make a start on some other things :). yes those 2 centre ports are tortureously routed, its no wonder they run so poorly [:0]

i use to do this about seventeen years ago to my triumph 2500s , i would also shave a few thou off the cylinder head aswell. and genrally give it a good de coke by cleaning the tops of the pistons ect.with a few better air filters fitted you will be surprized at the difference in performance.i got an extea twenty miles an hour out of mine no problems.[}:)]:p;)

commeracer

thats it, if it breathes well,it goes well. if it cant breath it will never go well [xx(]

commeracer

making good progress :)

Do these go in the 'filings' cabinet [?]:I

there's so much metal there it will need a separate insurance quote - are you recommending any companies there[?];)

betcha looking forward to seeing how good improvements are:p

Bessie - four star commerdation

commeracer

just a good use for old classic car weeklys kes ;)
yes, very interested to know what the improvements are :p unfortunately its not us who will see the benefits as this one is for
"a well known commervanfan in the yorkshire area " ;):D

quote:

"a well known commervanfan in the yorkshire area " ;):D

mmmm, I wonder[}:)]:D look forward to a full performance report from this top secret tester;)

Bessie - four star commerdation

commeracer

coming on ;) very difficult to see in a photo, but there is a major improvement.

this is standard [xx(]

and this is nearly finished. you can see its broken into the stud holes,which will be sleeved [}:)]
the swarf mountain is getting bigger :p

commeracer

carbide cutters on 6" long shafts, and they only just reach all the way. its been a long hard grind :D

commeracer

here it is martin :)

new flange welded on :p

with 4 stainless m10 studs [^]

new 1 3/4" o/d downpipe bent up, with the latest cutting edge sealing technology................. a BSA bantam exhaust ring :I

and the whole thing assembled [8D]
inlet tomorrow ;)

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off"