NOG 31M

Discussion in 'Vehicles Wanted' started by Patrick ohalloran, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Patrick ohalloran

Patrick ohalloran New Member

Hiya, I'm new here and trying to track down my dads old commer van which transported my mom dad and 8 kids all over the place including many trips to Ireland . It's reg is NOG 31M . Would love to hear it's still alive thanks. Pat

2. bazzateer

bazzateer Well-Known Member

Last taxed in 1988, disc expired 31st March 1989. Not MoT test history shown online.
    Not recorded as scrapped so it might just have survived in a barn, garage, yard etc.

3. Panky

Panky Administrator Staff Member

Hi Pat and welcome to the Madhouse:D
    Unfortunately it looks your dads old van's tax ran out in 1989 so it's either long gone to Commer heaven or gathering a lot of dust in a barn somewhere - hopefully the latter. Good look with your search and please keep us informed. Have you got any old pics you could share with us - we like pics:)

4. Patrick ohalloran

5. Patrick ohalloran

Thanks lads, it's looking a bit grim so I'd say I can't ask dad who he sold it to cos he passed away in November and I suppose that's why I'd love to find it. Anyway I'll try hunt down some pics and load them on thanks again

6. Patrick ohalloran

My dads beloved commer in our back yard in Birmingham IMG_2246.PNG IMG_2254.PNG

Panky, S0updragon and BC Sunshine like this.
  7. Patrick ohalloran

Hi Bazzateer, panky would you know how I could find out the last registered owner?

8. Panky

Nice looking bus:cool: Looks like a special occasion, all dressed up:)
    You used to be able to send a form off to the DVLA, pay £25 and the would give you the full history - but they've clamped down and there needs to be a good reason for them to turn over the information. I don't think tracing the last owner is enough for them to tell you but it may be worth a try.

The link to form V88 is down the page a bit.

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

9. S0updragon

S0updragon Active Member

Does a hp or accident check bring up anything about owners? Or would a friendly car salesman be able to find out. Do they check legal owner when px ing?

10. Patrick ohalloran

Thanks lads, yes I'll try the form and see what they say, another alternative is a friendly cop could do a check, I'm living in Ireland now and be back home in 2 weeks so might try the local cop shop they might even remember me

11. Panky

Oh dear, history?;)

12. Patrick ohalloran

Nah nothing much a few drunken strolls home past the cop shop

BC Sunshine likes this.
  13. Panky

14. bazzateer

bazzateer Well-Known Member

Form V888 from DVLA is the one, used to be £5. You may struggle though as the vehicle isn't registered to you.
    I wouldn't ask a policeman to help as he/she will risk prison for misusing the PNC and will definitely get the sack if caught (every shift there's a dip sample taken of all PNC checks which are then investigated to make sure they were genuine).