Moley and Brian the Snail

Moley

Hello everyone, here is the love of my life, Brian the snail, a 1965 series IIA Commer Bluebird Highwayman. We (Deb and Dave) spotted Brian in Classic Car Weekly about 4 weeks ago and rushed up to Leeds to buy him, I have been looking for a Commer for ages and finally I have Brian:)
Brianthesnail.jpg

Moley and Brian the Snail :)

igman

Hello Moley and welcometo the forum, I bet you did'nt rush back! [60 tops!]. You'll have to re-send your picture

Moley

The nice gentleman delivered him for me, so I haven't been that far yet!

Trying to show a picture again:I

Moley

Help, how do you show pictures on the site rather than links?

CommerJon

The interior looks really good! Welcome, and hello by the way. I take it you have figured out how to do the pics now? Just incase, the link to the image should go inbetween this - and then the same again the otherside of the link but with a slash- along the lines of this [/im.... If i actually type it in full it will think i have a pic to show! Could you repost the exterior again so we can get a better look ?

Jon&Cara-Gramarye Fontaine

studiocommer

:) a very warm welcome :);)

Hello Moley, I love this one - have seen exterior pics on this link and when it came up on ebay ages ago...
http://www.brmmbrmm.com/clientph%5Cbrmm4.nsf/clubpages/pdmotorcaravan?OpenDocument&P2

but haven't seen the truly gorgeous interior before - pure period camping - very lovely[^]

Friends in this area have the slightly newer Bluebird - and I know they are going to love yours...this is theirs..
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb50/studiocommer/klix/

Bessie - four star commerdation

Paul Goldsmith

Welcome to the forum Moley.

Looks like you've done well with such a nice looking early PA van [8D]

th_Commer_carpark.jpg

Commer 'Hi Tor' by TorCars

Moley

Thanks everyone I think I have got the hang of the photo's now :I

I have updated the interior with new curtains and cushions and a few period accessories.

036.jpg

Brian was rebuilt in 1999 by the 3rd owner so is pretty good already, he is on crossply tyres but came with a spare set of wheels with radials on so I may change them over, also he came with a spare windowscreen and some other bits and bobs. He needs door rubbers as there aren't any fitted so the doors have gaps around the edges when closed, I see that Martin does them so I'll be contacting him for them. Ohhh and he might get new carpets yet:D

cazz enigma

What a lovely van!!!! Looks fab inside and out!!!

Welcome aboard, this really is a great place to be for Commer owners, everyone is so lovely and friendly.

Cazz... student commerade!!!!

Chamba

I called up about this one the other week to find that it had sold - it's every bit as good as I thought it would be. Lovely

Moley

quote:
Originally posted by igman

Yes, What a lovely looking van, dig the Hillman too, proper Rootes man eh? (or woman :I)

Woman [:X]- my car is a 1959 Series III Hillman Minx, I've owned her 11 years now, she done 39,000 from new and still has the original factory leopard print seat covers on - she's a girlie car. Dave (my other half) has a Triumph Stag - silly man;)

Moley

quote:
Originally posted by Jonny

Very cool van! [^] looks lovely inside (and outside) and is that a little fire in there

Yes, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assured it works, Brian the snail also has gas lights ?? but I'll have to get the material fillament thingys (you know they used to go pop) to try them out.