k& n air filters

righto chaps, here is all the info you need :)
2633998943_f02b0eece2_o.jpg

2633998941_148e336503_o.jpg

the first pic of the original airbox has an element 142x90x65mm.
the closest k&n is 136x89x65mm which is perfect as they can be smaller o/d anyway [8D]
part no. E2330.

next pic is what sybhil has fitted the duct is standard (2 in pic for clarity) with a clamp on type filter, this one is rated at 85 bhp airflow, so its ok for commers [^] except will & daves :D;)
part no. RU-1820
available with chrome or rubber end.
the main supplier is
K&N FILTERS (EUROPE)LTD
JOHN STREET
WARRINGTON
CHESHIRE

TEL. 01925 636950

PHEW [|)]

"you were only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off no.3"

Hi Raccer great info.
At the risk of being thick which is the best one to get?
My interpritation is you can buy one to fit inside old filter ,or the larger one,i think?
regards steve,

its 6 and half a dozen really, personal preference :)

well, for one you never have to change it again [^] and it will give another 5-6 bhp :p. good enough for me :D

And what is the output of a standard Commer lump - about 65 bhp I'd guess, not a bad improvement:).

'Harvey the RV'

I am able to get 60+ eventually from sybhil now whereas she would struggle to get to 50 before K&N & rc 40 she is still screaming out for overdrive or another gear though [V] I don't like that noise so take foot of the gas :)

"SYBHIL" & N0.1

Poor Sybhil :( What is your diff ratio (here we go again) Flat out Harvey would do 65 and a bit on the flat, with standard exhaust and filter, but I wouldn't like to stay there long for fear of loosing my ear drums. Hopefully the mods I'm about to embark on (don't laugh) will enable me to cruise at his old max with a few less revs and DB's [^]

'Harvey the RV'

yes its true ,they do not restrict airflow like a paper element , i have fitted them to all my vehicles since time began and still cant find anything better [^] couple it with a rc40 exhaust for another 5-6 bhp and its a 15-20% increase in grunt :p lets face it a commer needs all the help it can get [xx(]
worth pointing out here that if you use the standard airbox (as in pic 1) then the snorkel is restrictive, you need to drill some holes in the side of the airbox to let it draw more air in, and airflow is directly related to torque. there is plenty of documentation around of dyno tests to back this up as well, so its not just advertising b*llsh*t, you WILL notice the improvement :D[8D]:p

where are you ordering from ray? locally? I am going to get one before this weekends festival too

Got my filter from Halfords....£30!

However, fitted it and as was promised I did note an improvement in Wilma's performance on the trip to and from Padstow...Rick Stein's fish and chips......lovely!

I got it online - not too dis-similar once delivered.

I too have noted an improvement in yori in the 30 minute test run less requirement to "predict" the hills now. You can almost hear the sucking of air too!

Longer run to a festival on Thursday

I have a K&N Filter fitted to the SU conversion on my Highwayman.

Can anyone tell me if it needs to be cleaned from time to time? If so what is the best wat to do it?

Many thanks

Ruairidh

they recommend cleaning every 50,000 miles, so it probably does,nt need it. i have never had to clean one myself but they should be washed from the inside out with water and then re-oiled :)

Just a quick question as I have not stripped it bacck yet. on my engine it lookes like there is a breather coming of the top of the engine going into the air box. Have you left this conected up or have you rerouted it [?]
I will take some photoes today

Dora and Gloria

Just run a longer hose down passed the engine to pipe any fumes away.

'Harvey the RV'

the hose off the rocker box is an engine crankcase breather, its routed into the airbox for emissions reasons. the best thing to do is fit a longer hose to it and dangle it under the van into one of the chassis rails, providing some rust protection as it breathes oily mist. i am sure dozer will agree :D

Back