Jennings Resto.

Discussion in 'Readers' Rides' started by eightcans, Feb 11, 2018.

1. eightcans

eightcans Member

I`m rather happy to be posting this..!! Having had little money and nowhere to work on her it`s finally looking promising that I will be in a position to have work done. The cab needs a lot of work but I`m wondering if their are any parts that are unobtainable/hard to find. Thinking panels/seals/windows.
    Any hints or tips will be much appreciated. Thanks, Guy.

Panky likes this.
  2. Panky

Panky Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the Madhouse -again:D;)
    Long time no posty, great to hear from you Guy. All the cab panels you need should be available from Martin and those that aren't he can make. Between both my vans I think I've been through most of them and they are great to work with, same goes for anything underneath. What glassware are you short of? the only bits that I can think of where you might have trouble with are the caravan side of things - Martin again will have the other stuff you might need (except maybe quarter lights)
    Good luck and keep us up to date with progress, this has been a long time coming.

3. eightcans

eightcans Member

Hi Panky, thanks for the positive words. Yes it has been a long time coming but a corner is finally being turned. Going to be April before things get moving but will keep y`all updated. Realistically a 2 year project which of course means 3 years ...LOL !!

4. Panky

And a bit;)
    Pull your finger out and you could be ready for Commerfest 2020:)

5. S0updragon

S0updragon Active Member

Hi. Good luck with it. If Martin hasn’t got any quarter light seals the chap who made them has a few left on ebay. Be warned if you need them get them soon as he is melting the molds down so no more being made. Ebay ‘commer pb’ quite far down list, Australia

6. colinthefox

colinthefox Active Member

Hello guy.

As you will know, there's a few of on here with Jennings vans. If you need any detail photos or dimensions, (or a Mojo refresh!) we can probably come up with the info you need.
    There's a lot of Jennings specific information on my "Jennings Restoration" thread.

Best of luck with the resto.

7. eightcans

eightcans Member

Thanks all for your positive comments. I`m sure that their will be plenty of head scratching moments so please expect a number of questions ranging from daft at best to the unfathomable..!! I shall also be searching the forum for any Jennings related info starting with your "Jennings Restoration" Colinthefox. :)
    I`ve located the seals on ebay thanks SOupdragon, I think I`m a bit out of touch when it comes to current prices..:eek:
    So homework to be done and updates to be posted. I`m sure that Panky fella will be keeping a close eye on proceedings..:D
    Cheers, Guy.

8. Panky

Who me:rolleyes:

Sorry I thought you meant the quaterlight glass, I think Martin might have a set of the seals but they come from the same supplier so wont be any cheaper but would be quicker to get. Screen and door seals cost considerably less

9. eightcans

eightcans Member

I believe they are called quarter light, the triangular shaped glass.

10. S0updragon

S0updragon Active Member

They are silly money but I think it’s to cover tooling costs etc. Lots of other normal priced stuff about. I am newish to this though lol

11. S0updragon

S0updragon Active Member

Lol sorry I thought you ment the seals. Lol confused now, either way, not sure about the glass

12. jimberlake

jimberlake Well-Known Member

To confuse things more I want a pair of quarter lights but the glass and frame...I have the seals :)

Anyone comes a cross any be great