Inspirational restoration work

Chamba

These are skills I dream about having. I'm always brought crashing back to reality when I get on and try and do it myself!

Comm - Pete

Absolutely amazing natural talent. Just took me 2 hours to read through it all. Have witnessd Thai talent and skill with my own eyes before but nothing like this. That fettling:eek: insane. Cheers for sharing the link Paul:)

IMG_0860.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bazzateer

quote:
Originally posted by Comm - Pete

Have witnessd Thai talent and skill with my own eyes before

Not THAT sort of Thai skill Scott ;)

BazRockscropped.jpg

Peggy drinks too much!
If I told you I was a pathological liar, would you believe me?

Paul Oliver

I find it amazing that in some of the photos they are working with bare feet... being stuck at uni with no Commer/T25 = me searching for loads of info on repair help!

Comm - Pete

Having been to Thailand a few times now it's fairly common place to see Thais bare footed whilst working. One of the biggest things that i witnessed was the sheer wisdom that they have. They may be very poor in some parts of Thailand/Bangkok but they make up for it tenfold with what they know about life. They waste nothing and are very resourcefull. There was one restuaraunt/wooden shack that i frequented, and i got friendly with the owner. He asked if i'd like to go sea fishing with him...I jumped at the chance....He says, 'Meet me on the beach at 4.30am' Sling your hook i said...Met him down there at 6 being it was my holiday HAHAHA! Anyway, he was catching fish with a sharpened stick:eek: only ever seen that in films....!!! If you haven't ever been then go, it's a truly fab place - I plan on going back next year hopefully;)

IMG_0860.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

commeracer

It shows what can be done with determination and improvisation [8D]

4650583641_dba2503b41_o.jpg

"You,re only supposed to blow the bloody SLIDING doors off"

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We've discussed this on here before when these guys have been photographed restoring other buses, woolfy was wondering at one point whether it was worht filling and shipping a sea container to get a few vans fixed up at a price before he was doing them himself :)