Highwayman bench seat confusion

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Terence, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Terence

Terence Member

Hi All.
    I'm confused regarding my front bench seat fitted in my Lilly.
    Had a conversation with someone on here the other day.... I'm now thinking that it might be a Dorma bench seat modified to fit my Highwayman... Can anyone shed some light on this?...

Attached Files:

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

looks like one from a pimpwagon to me :)

3. Panky

Panky Administrator Staff Member

It does look a little bit flimsy for a front seat - is the back fixed to the B pillars with shoot bolts? I can see it giving way if it isn't.

4. BC Sunshine

BC Sunshine Member

:rolleyes: pimpwagon.... bwahahahahaha!!

That upholstery is pretty luscious.

Could we please see some photos that show the back? I'm very intrigued; my Evangeline has single seats.

5. Saul

Saul Active Member

Looks like mine

6. commerchris

commerchris Moderator Staff Member

20170901_131829.jpg Looks a bit like mine too I will post pics of the one in the pa with the v8 admins old ride....
    The above pic is of a rear bench from a dormobile very similar but makes up part of the bed in the back of a dormobile.

Panky likes this.
  7. commerchris

8. Terence

Terence Member

Pimpwagon! More like a Lovebus or a Pussywagon...lol So don't come knocking when the van is rocking when I'm on site!
    No seriously, I'll post some more pics tonight with the brackets & fixings it's well & truly fixed down.

BC Sunshine likes this.
  9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Meant with respect and love - stylin'!

10. Terence

Terence Member

Bench seat brackets/fixing
    1st pic bracket is bolted through wheel arch with st/st bolts with type c wshr behind + nylocs
    2nd pic is side bracket which bolts through upright frame with contoured spacer so doesn't crush tubing with nylocs it also drops down into cut out & stops back falling forwards & backwards, it has to be unbolted to gain access to engine ie: remove or it's very tight to engine
    3rd pic spring loaded pin locks down bottom frame to bracket "next pic"
    4th pic L-bar bracket again bolted through tops of wheel arches this stops any sideway movement on bottom seat frame & locks down at back with spring loaded pins.
    Hope this helps anyone

Attached Files:

11. Panky

Panky Administrator Staff Member

Looks like a proper job.

12. S0updragon

S0updragon Active Member

Neat and tidy

13. commerchris

Just like mine!