Fuel cutting out

Pat cabs

Rerouted fuel line across fan cowling too carb from pump, running great until I'm in slow traffic, then it's cutting out. Having to restart, any ideas please?

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
Could be running a little lean. Try turning the mixture scree out a quarter turn

Pat cabs

Did that panky, cheers, running smoother, the pump is pumping well, but sometimes the fuel is very slow going into the online filter, which in my opinion is a little bit large, could that be an issue, checked fuel line, no leaks

Panky

Administrator
Staff member
It could be that the filter is acting as a heat sink and getting vapor locked. Try it on the inlet to the pump as low down as possible and yes try a smaller one too.

Pat cabs

Did that panky, cheers, running smoother, the pump is pumping well, but sometimes the fuel is very slow going into the online filter, which in my opinion is a little bit large, could that be an issue, checked fuel line, no leaks
It could be that the filter is acting as a heat sink and getting vapor locked. Try it on the inlet to the pump as low down as possible and yes try a smaller one too.
The way it is just now the online filter is on the line coming out of the pump panky