Donations

Would it be appropriate to offer members to "upgrade" their membership to VIP?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
If you wish to keep the forum up and running and free from ads you can donate regularly, or as a one-off via PayPal

The new software allows members to "Buy" a new member status (such as VIP) as we don't offer any discounts or products I am not sure it is relevant but interested to hear your views

Yes, depends on cost, but would want to keep the site running. Also like the new look feels much cleaner (in the tidy sense) .

I guess it will be a reminder for people to donate if there is something after there name that disappears after a set time (12 months maybe) and it would encourage newcomers to enquire to what the symbol or title referred too and maybe persuade them to dig deep.
It could be left up to the members to decide individually what they wish to donate and if they do then maybe an award symbol with a year underneath next to their name. MMO.co.uk use gold cups and The Mini Forum give the title of TMF+ to any member who pays £5 to the upkeep of the forum, they also get a discount from certain suppliers who in return get a bit of free advertising - but they have thousands of active members and huge very profitable suppliers, and I know our main supplier makes little enough on spares as it is, so for now I would suggest it is simply for the upkeep of our site and donations be left to the members own discretion.

There will be people who come on here for a bit of info or chat and then go away but I imagine anybody with a Commer is on here to join in with the group so we all should help with the up keep of the site. There are the admin bunch who take their own time and effort to maintain it and the rest of us should help as I’m sure we would to help cover the costs of the site. Membership is a good way as admin know how much the site costs and how many of us there are. I like donating monthly as it’s out the way and done but don’t know if that’s actually easier for admin or not.

If you wish to keep the forum up and running and free from ads you can donate regularly, or as a one-off via PayPal

The new software allows members to "Buy" a new member status (such as VIP) as we don't offer any discounts or products I am not sure it is relevant but interested to hear your views
I must be having a senor moment (well I am living with a pensioner) Heidi and I would like to donate but just can't remember how to :mad:

Sounds reasonable enough to me to maintain this wonderful & informative Commer Owners Site. Having a symbol next to your name would be good for those who contribute towards the running & up keep. Maybe we could look at having a official Owners club badge that's renewed yearly.... Where do you go to pay & is there a Club Fee..?
Terry

Thanks for all the hard work, it is much appreciated. Have just donated but perhaps an annual renewal might be a good idea depending on what work that would entail.

Thank for all the work that goes into this excellent forum and the help it provides. Donation made.

Back