Commer Pb 1970 Autosleeper for sale - 'Wilma'

I know I have posted this a few times.... (sorry) that's how hard it is to part with a Commer you love very much.... but 'Wilma' will be sold. She is on here under 'owner vans' I think, although I admit the photo's were taken a few years ago. Although she is still an amazing van. Please contact me (in the first instance) if you are seriously interested by email; ray@projectdesignconsultancy.com

We have owned her for 14 years and are only the second owners since new. She has covered only about 42k miles in that time. I have virtually all the MOT's (although she was off the road from 1980 - 2003, (parked up in a large garage when her head gasket went in 1980 by her elderly first owner.... where she stayed for 23 years!) and other supporting sales info, brochures and memorabilia... I even have the original bill of sale when purchased from 'Wilsons' Motorhomes in Newcastle. (They are still trading I believe). We have taken her to Snowdonia, Brecons Beacons, France and numerous parts of Devon & Cornwall camping with our children. (She has never let us down). A recent trip to France in August she covered about 700 miles without any problems. We also take her to a few local shows where she gets a constant stream of admirers and people wanting to talk about and explore her internal layout. (So much more usable than a T2 VW many say).

She is in excellent original condition considering she is nearly 50 year old. I have never seen an Autosleeper in such original solid condition, with any renovations undertaken sympathetically done. These include electronic ignition, rebuilt overdrive, Weber carb, new upholstery etc. We also have a modern rear awning etc to include in the sale.

She really is a true piece of British Motoring history and could easily be the original and best Commer Autosleeper in the UK!!

I was offered £13k for her a couple of years ago (you may be out there reading this..??), but will be looking for offers above £11k if at all possible to part with her. This will allow some finance for some light restoration and return her to tip-top show condition.

There is so much more info I could put down here.... but email me and I'll answer any more questions.

Thanks for reading,
Ray

Maybe this time you will actually bear to part with her:(

frontcorner.JPG

Here's the link
https://www.commervanfan.co.uk/razor7.htm

Good luck Ray, still want that registration;)

She’s lovely. All grown up and leaving the nest. Souns a bit cheesy but can’t really say good luck as it’s not that sort of sale etc

Just to let you know....' Wilma' has been sold. I am devastated, but tbh we haven't used her as much as we should the last few years... which is a good guide that it is time for someone else to enjoy her. Plus her new owner will give her the light renovation work she needs to get her looking her best once again. We have thoroughly enjoyed owning her over the last 14 years and have done much to ensure she will have many new future owners. It was a quirk of fate to get us seeking out a Commer in the first place.... and we were even more blessed to stumble across 'Wilma' - 23 years a sleep in a garage. She is staying in the Southwest... which is great... although it will be hard seeing her with some one else!??!! Lol. The new owner is aware of this site, so may well be in touch at some point.

Finally, I don't get on here much, but over the last 14 years when I have, the help, support and guidance has been first class... thank you. Those include, admin (who set up this great site), CR, Panky (sorry about the reg plate!), MM, CC and many others.

Best wishes in all your 'Commering endeavours',
Ray & Kerrie

Good luck guys but don't go to far - remember we're Commerfans not just owners.

aw I know the feeling Ray - you never go we might be back to ownership one day

Back